Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Forum changes

In the next few days we'll be switching to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate the problems we've had over the last few months. Once we've switched to the new software every member will need to reset their password. You can still use your current username. You'll need to click on the "forgot password" link and follow the simple instructions to reset your password. Please make sure your email address is up to date in your account now. Remember, you don't need to do anything yet, carry on using the forums as normal, and it will be obvious when the switch has gone through and you need to reset.
See more
See less

medical bracelet

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical bracelet

It has been brought to my attention that I should have a medical ID bracelet with my condition and steroid use...for emergency responders to be aware of. I will be doing some traveling, so maybe I should think about it.
    Anyone have these and is it necessary or actually useful? What else should go on it and how would you go about getting one?
    thanks,
    Kerry

Hi Kerry,

It's something I've thought of myself a few times, but haven't. I should though, just for the steroid use really, I wouldn't be as concerned about the rest of my meds.

Here is a previous thread on the subject and there are a few links to other threads in that too

http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/sh...light=bracelet

HTH

Comment

Im not sure about your system but here I used to have a steriod card. They just wrote the dose on it. At the time though I was changing so much that it became a crossed out mess and as a young person I didnt really have any interest keeping it safe so no idea where it is now. A medical braclet may be more useable

Comment

Good link Nellie, thanks.
        Kerry I think you should get one, a very good idea.

Comment

I carry a Medic Alert bracelet with my condition and all my meds that I take. I take allot . It really helps first responders. I live in a small community, so, I do not wear it locally. If I leave for a day or longer I wear it all the time. They are really good about keeping your information current as long as you call and let them know the changes.

Comment

Working...
          X