X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee and prednisone

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this but it's more about the coffee than the prednisone

For a wee while now I've been feeling quite a strong heart beat and a couple of times it's been quite fast - not exceptionally so but just a bit more than I noramlly would be. I went to my GP and she didnt seem to think there was anything to worry about but has agreed to set up an appt for a ECG monitoring over 24 hours.

However, I was just looking at coffee drinking (recently I've started probably drinking a bit more coffee at work - it's more about having the coffee break with my workmates to get me through the day rather than the coffee itself). and I just wondered if anyone has had a huge effect of this. When I googled it I found something about steroids however, I think this was more about the gym junkie kind than the prescription kind lol.

Anyway just wanted to hear from anyones personal experience

(as a side note I haven't had a coffee for 2 days and I'm not sure if I notice a difference or not. The heart rate fluctuates so some days it's noticeable, other days it's not anyways)

Thanks heaps!

I take predsonone not sure of the affect with coffee but I personally didn't like too much cafeine and it really didnt agree with em so went over to decaf coffee and do feel better for it. Maybe something worth trying.

Comment

Hi, caffeine in any drink and things such as high energy drinks can all cause palpitations and so should be avoided if you have a problem in this area. My cardio gave me thiss advice. Strong coffee can be a culprit, but I had never realised that drinks such as lucozade, could have the same effect, although I don't drink them anyway!!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I avoid caffeinated drinks like red bull or V as they have quite an effect. I have also found that instant coffee has quite a result! However, things like flavoured coffee dont seem to affect me. But I know when I used to go out for "coffee" i used to usually get hot chocolate - at a maximum I may have had 1 cup of coffee per week (prob more like 1 every 2 weeks). Now it's probably 2 a week at least.

Will try to avoid anyways - it's something that's easily cut out and probably much healthier for me anyway

Comment

Working...
        X