X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sores in nose

Has anyone experienced sores in the nose? If so..what do you do for them? Any nasal sprays or ointments that work well?

Thank you...Kate

Hi Kate,
    I get them, mine are usually way up my nasal passage, i have'nt asked if there is anything i can use for them.
    I don't use anything on them i leave them alone and let them run there course, maybe i will ask the next time i'm at the Dr's.
    I will be interested what others use for their's as well.
    Sandra.

Comment

I get them periodically, but just leave them alone and they resolve on their own. They do hurt like the dickens though if you have to blow or you wrinkle your nose!

Monica

Comment

Hiya.. I had one of these turn into a facial cellulitis emergency!!...I now have to put some naseptin cream into my nose a couple of times a week..it knocks out any strep/staph infective organisms but not sure if it would be appropriate for an ulcer. I think my meds may have caused the ulcer and then of course the immune system being dampened down it was party time for an infection!! Hope you get some relief soon X

Comment

Thanks all. They do tend to come and go. I actually started using a little bit of Vicks on a cotton swab and it seems to be helping.

Comment

A dab of petroleum jelly on the sore helps alot!

Comment

I get them all the time and they are painfull , When it is at its worst I tend to use Betnovate cream which is a steroid cream and it helps .and I use mouth wash for the one in my mouth . I hope that you are feeling better allready .
              Hugs

Comment

I have never thought to put cream on the ones i get up my nose, it would soften it so it does'nt hurt so much.
                Thanks, next time i get one that is what i will be doing.

Comment

I second petroleum jelly : ) I have had sores many times and right now I have had the same sores (both nostrils) for about two months straight and they bleed badly. I realize that if I use steam and then put P.jelly then I wake up with it not being as painful.. nor do they crack open again. Sorry about your sores. THEY stink.

Comment

Hi Kate,i get them on a regular basis i just let them run there course but they are really sore when you blow ur nose i also seem to get cold sores regular these are awful i always have a tube a of the zovirax cream in so when i feel a tingle i can kill ist asap !
                    Karenj. Hope they clear up soon x

Comment

Working...
                    X