Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

How quickly will Prednisolone and Hydroxychloroquine take to start working?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How quickly will Prednisolone and Hydroxychloroquine take to start working?

Hello

I have just been diagnosed and about to start on Prednisolone (7.5 mg) and Hydroxychloroquine (200 mg) and want to know how long it will take until I start to notice a difference, so would appreciate any advice. Does anyone also know whether they will help with Fibromyalgia?

Thank you

Hello there Purple, and welcome.

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but now that you know what you're dealing with the treatment will help you feel better.

Hydroxychloroquine can take at least 3 months to work, and for some up to a year. The Prednisolone will help you to feel better in the short term, and will hopefully start to make you feel better within a couple of weeks. If you find that you're not improving, get in touch with your doctors - sometimes they have to tweak the meds to find what works best for each of us.

Please feel free to look around our main site where you will find some good advice.

http://www.thelupussite.com/drug19.html
    http://www.thelupussite.com/drug9.html

Sorry but I can't answer your question re fibromyalgia, but someone else will be along to answer that part I'm sure!

Take care

Comment

Hi Purple (my favourite colour! )

Unfortunately neither hydroxychloroquine or prednisolone will help with fibromyalgia. For my fibro & nerve pain my GP has prescribed amitriptyline and gabapentin which have helped a lot including help with good quality sleep which is essential when you have fibromyalgia.

Hope this helps a bit, take care.

Comment

Hello

Thank you for the replies. I should have said that I am already on nortriptyline and pregabalin, as well as some pain killers, so it sounds like I am on the right meds, but just a case of getting the right balance now.

Hopefully I'll be feeling better the next time I post!

Thanks again

Comment

Hello Purple,

I've not got fibromyalgia so i can't advise on plaquenil refering it but i'm on plaquenil for other Diseases and refering skin i noticed a change on my skin within 12wks but refering joints not so good, so i take parecetamol besides to help me.

I do wish you the best of luck and hope they really help you. x

Comment

I started 10mg Predisone 10 months ago. I felt its effects(really helped me) the very first day! For the first time in years my joints and muscles didn't ache as they used to. I was able to get directly up in the morning(out of bed), whereas prior to pred, it took me a little time to get up cuz very stiff and sore. I love how it helps me.

.......jetStER

Comment

Working...
            X