X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhupus

Anyone heard of this one before? I got a letter from my dr. a couple days ago, they said that they would consider calling what i have rhupus because it is both rheumatoid arthritis & lupus. So, I looked it up online and of course it says that it is very rare. Is that true? Anyone else here have both?
    Thanx,
    Erin

I have both

I have lupus and rheumatiod arthritis but never got diagnosed with rheumatoid until this year. But have never heard of Rhupus! I'm going to go look that one up. Thanks for sharing!:lol:

Comment

Yep, I've heard of it. I don't have it though. It is one of the possible overlaps. A lot of people here have lupus and RA though most just say they have lupus with an RA overlap or the other way round.

Mine's a lupus, polymyositis overlap - I wonder what they could call that one!?

sorry, I haven't brought much to this discussion

Katharine

Comment

Erin,

Rhupus when I googled it just said that its the name given (nickname) for the overlap of RA and Lupus.

There are quite a few people on this site that have the overlap.

If you have any questions ask away and I'm sure someone will come along with an answer!

Lesley

Comment

HI, Dr Wallace mentions it in his book too.

You aren't allone, just an interesting individual:wink2:

X C X

Comment

i thought that it cant be that rare. i also have the polymyositis overlap, well, I guess I should not really say that. they think I probably could have it with the positive jo-1, but nobody really has mentioned it other than those couple times when they said I could have it.

Comment

Hi Erenae,

I refer to myself as having Logren's and Supus sometimes if that helps :hehe:

love
              Lily

Comment

Hi,

I too have Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis but have never heard it referred to as that.

Lori

Comment

one of our committee member said that a few months ago and until then I hadn't heard it, but apparently its been about for quite some time.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Fatal error: Uncaught Database error in vBulletin 5.1.0: [Showing truncated query, original length: 12022] [First 500 chars] Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ INSERT INTO cache (cacheid,expires,created,locktime,serialized,data) VALUES ('node_3006_lvl1data', 1398418339, 1398331939, 0, '1', 'a:53:{s:6:\"nodeid\";s:4:\"3006\";s:7:\"routeid\";s:2:\"97\";s:13:\"contenttypeid\";s:2:\"20\";s:11:\"publishdate\";s:10:\"1213384656\";s:13:\"unpublishdate\";s:1:\"0\";s:6:\"userid\";s:5:\"34593\";s:7:\"groupid\";N;s:10:\"authorname\";s:10:\"erenae1974\";s:11:\"description\";N;s:5:\"title\";s:6:\"Rhupus\";s:9:\"htmltitle\";s:6:\ [Last 500 chars] \";s:17:\"startertotalcount\";s:1:\"9\";s:15:\"starterurlident\";s:6:\"rhupus\";s:14:\"deleteusername\";N;s:14:\"lastauthorname\";N;s:11:\"edit_reason\";N;s:11:\"edit_userid\";N;s:13:\"edit_username\";N;s:13:\"edit_dateline\";N;s:10:\"hashistory\";N;s:18:\"starternodeoptions\";s:3:\"138\";s:18:\"channelnodeoptions\";s:3:\"138\";}') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE expires = VALUES(exp in /home/joanne86/public_html/forum/core/vb/database.php on line 1201