X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Itchy lumps under skin......

Does anyone else have these? They itch so much that I have to keep scratching until I almost bleed. What is this. I Have them on my forearm and on my thigh (amongst the cellulite).

Please help!!:sad:

i had a couple of those on my arms and i put my lupus cream on them, it's called clobetasol propionate cream. i hope this helps you. by the way you did give me my laugh for the day when you said that about the cellulite. i'm not laughing at you, i'm laughing with you.

take care

kerrie

Comment

Never hear of the Lupus cream. Does it need a prescription? Yes, I was laughing!! Thanks!!

Comment

I had those bumps all over my thighs during the holidays and you are right.... they are VERY itchy... It took a week or two to clear up.... That has happened one other time. Not sure of what causes them or how to prevent them... sorry,,,

Have a good weekend!

Comment

Hi
          Ive got them on my tummy il told they are follicultitis and sometimes get infected.... i got them on arm blocked hair folicles basically but they dont itch only in summer.
          countrylass

Comment

i get the prescription from my dermo or my gp, it costs about $30 and it really helps with discoid lupus and with those itchy bumps.

have a great weekend

kerrie

Comment

Do you think they could be hives? Or are they distinct lumps under the skin?
              Sounds awful! Hope you find something soon that helps relieve the itch.
              Are you taking any sort of antihistamine?
              Monica

Comment

No, actually these lumps are not follicles. They are like knots or small cysts under the skin. I also have been having muscle pain and swollen glands in the same area as the muscle pain.

Comment

I get very itchy bumps on my back. So itchy at times, just have to scratch and scratch. It comes and then goes. I have no idea what it is. I thought perhaps it was a side effect from one of the drugs.

Comment

As a matter of fact i have weird lil bumps all over the back of my scalp..no where else on my head but there and now today I have the hive like rash on my shoulders again...this is so weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexia View Post
                      I get very itchy bumps on my back. So itchy at times, just have to scratch and scratch. It comes and then goes. I have no idea what it is. I thought perhaps it was a side effect from one of the drugs.
                      I get these too but only in winter, when the house air is warm and dry low humdiity from the furnace. My dermy told me it was eczema. They itch like the dickens. I got some prescription cream for it and its helped a lot. I guess there can be many reasons/causes of these bumps/rashes but thats what mine are. Get them on my back and arms.

........jeTStEr

Comment

New to Site and to the ITCHY BUMPS then diagnosed with Lupus

Hi All, I just found this site and read the thread about the itchy bumps under the skin. I have been getting these for about 6 weeks now, on and off (mostly on), and yesterday was the worst - at least 15-20 of them spread among my legs, arms, etc. THEY ARE SO ITCHY so I know exactly what your feeling. When I first showed them to my internist, he right away said if they didn't go away (gave me a shot of I guess either a histimine or a steriod) to come back and he wanted test me for lupus. Right off the bat, and wow was I surprised. No creams, shots, or meds have helped so far.

What prescriptions, medications have you found helpful. I too thought these were either hives or reaction, but when they contiinued (and increased) I knew they couldn't be. As soon as he looked at them, he said if they continued to test for lups. The blood work came back low end of positive, am I am waiting for the next bloodwork results to see if that number went up.

Any guidance, suggestions are MUCH APPRECIATED.
                        Last edited by SHeilaMarie; 09-16-2011, 03:56 PM. Reason: interupped dropped off

Comment

Hi Sheila Marie -

If it is lupus, the overall illness will probably need to come under control before the itching does. Welcome to the forum by the way . Post an introduction in the Introduce Yourself section and we can get to know you better.

Comment

Working...
                          X