Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Forum changes

In the next few days we'll be switching to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate the problems we've had over the last few months. Once we've switched to the new software every member will need to reset their password. You can still use your current username. You'll need to click on the "forgot password" link and follow the simple instructions to reset your password. Please make sure your email address is up to date in your account now. Remember, you don't need to do anything yet, carry on using the forums as normal, and it will be obvious when the switch has gone through and you need to reset.
See more
See less

Wound Healing?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wound Healing?

Does lupus or the common medications use to treat lupus slow down healing of common wounds?

I received a large surface burn that had a big blister on it. I took all first aid steps in cooling, cleaning and keeping it cover and dry. It just seem take me longer to heal than other people.

Thanks, Jill

Hi Jill

I'm only recently diagnosed but since i've been ill have found exactly the same. Even a simple insect bite or scratch can seem to take forever to heal! I'm not sure if i am looking for things but since my first steroid injection last week, i've noticed that the marks on my skin that have been there ages have started to heal up!

M x

Comment

Hi Jill,

I think it takes us longer to heal. I know when I have a cold it takes me longer to get over it.
      My bruises, scratches take longer to go away.

Does your burn look good not getting infection in it?
      Love,
      Lyn

Comment

No infection yet. It is still pinkish - red from the original burn and blister popped. Just not getting smaller or showing any sign of getting smaller.
        It has been a week now.

Jill

Comment

Hi Jill--

I think metho can reduce your chances of fighting infection, so make sure you get to the doctor if it starts looking very red or doesn't start looking better soon so you can be treated.

Monica

Comment

Working...
          X