Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

Forum changes

In the next few days we'll be switching to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate the problems we've had over the last few months. Once we've switched to the new software every member will need to reset their password. You can still use your current username. You'll need to click on the "forgot password" link and follow the simple instructions to reset your password. Please make sure your email address is up to date in your account now. Remember, you don't need to do anything yet, carry on using the forums as normal, and it will be obvious when the switch has gone through and you need to reset.
See more
See less

Swollen Neck Glands and sore throat

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swollen Neck Glands and sore throat

Hi
    Not feeling great these last few days, hard to swallow and glands swollen in my neck. Not sure whether to go and see doctor. Any ideas

Thanks
    Fiona

Go see the doctor. I had swollen gland on the right side of my neck one day and throat felt scrathy.
    By the next evening when I saw my doctor my eardrum was ready to burst was taken of work 2 weeks
    and saw my rheumy well my lupus was flaring and my ear wasnt any better my doctor changed my
    antibotic and added some breathing meds now i have been of 3 weeks and my 2 doctors decided
    I will not be going back till Dec.2nd. Hopefully you will not have all these problems. I fill it is better
    to have it checked and hopefully find nothing than to wait. Please let me no how you are.
    Sending you lots of hugs and good wishes.
    Luci

Comment

Hi Fiona,

I agree with Luci. It is better to be safe than sorry about getting things checked out.
      I know how hard it is when to decide when to go see a doctor. We put up with so much from lupus and have learned to live with it.
      Let us know how you are doing.
      Love,
      Lyn

Comment

Hi Fiona,

Sorry to hear you feel so ill but i do agree with Luci and lyn you need top see someone concerning any symptoms that occur new to see where it's come from and also for quick treatment... i wish you all the best and please keep we updated. xxx

Comment

Woke this morning and swelling had gone done in glands but still loaded with cold and have a chesty cough and a bit sore to swollow. couldnt get an appointment with my own dr till 29th november yeah i know sad i could have one of the other drs but she knows the ins and outs of my lupus. If it gets any worse i will have to ring for an emergency but feeling a wee bit better today hopefully it will go away lol. Thanks for your replys and luci hope you are feeling better soon x

Comment

Fiona,

Regardless of you having Lupus to wait until the 29th to get a chesty cough treated is not good could really aggrevate your Lupus i.e. cause it to flare .....you should see any GP to see if you need some anti-biotics .

Best wishes,

Comment

Hi
              Thanks greenhaggis, was feeling more miserable today and cough getting worse so called dr at ring in time. Gave me a course of anti=biotics so hope they work. x

Comment

Hi Fiona,

I hope the anti-biotics help to relief you and then you can more settled in yourself. xxx

Comment

Fiona.... I hope they work too and am so glad you gave the GP's a call

Best wishes,

Comment

Hope you feel better soon Fiona.

Comment

Hi Fiona,

How are you feeling now since you added the thread?..and have your symptoms eased with the antibiotics. X

Comment

Hugs.ohh sorry missed this.glad you got seen................best go than not.as we do tend get infections more quickly.we often think be waste time and often turns out is infection and glad we went.saying from own experienes.

get well soon...............
                        countrylass

Comment

Hi
                          Peridot my sore throat has eased, but I still have a cough, bringing up mucus and still got a cold. The cough and cold is managable but if if goes on much longer I will have to pester dr again. My blood results WBC came back and had dropped from 6,4 too 4.4 so maybe this is the reason things are not clearing up. Not sure if this helps lol x

Comment

Hi Fiona,

Nice to hear off you but sorry to hear you've still got that bad cough and flu and bringing up mucus does'nt help...your WBC count when it lowers can cause viral infections so this may be your main cause of why it's not clearing...i really suggest you go back and see the doctor to help in one way or another because coughing can weaken your lungs and won't help one bit.

If your ANC count is lower than 100 which yours is then you become at high risk of infections... so see your GP mate.

((Hugs to you & all my luv)) xxx

Comment

Working...
                            X