X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lupus & the itching

Hi everyone. Lately I have been experiencing extreme itching. It started out with a severe burning sensation on my left foot. Mostly on the bottom, I would itch it on the carpet, but then it would become raw-like. My face began to get really red and feel as though it was on fire, same as my left foot. This continued for three days before I was able to see the Rheumatologist. I noticed that after getting some presidone it brought the itching under control somewhat, but then I got a severe flareup that was so painful. Has anyone else been experiencing symptoms like this? Let me know.

itching

I have extreme itching all the time, docter has given several different creams for it, but nothing works. I am still waiting to be diagnosed.:sad:

Comment

Hi

When I get severe itching, I find my liver enzymes to very high.

Hugs

Gerri

Comment

Itching

I have experienced this severe itching on two different occassions as well and went into a major flare within a couple of weeks. My liver enzymes were elevated one time and not the next but both times I flared. In fact I am dealing with one now that I am not recovering very fast and it is scaring me somewhat. My joints are awfull. They hurt bad! I break out in a cold sweat if I do anything and I am so, so tired and nothing seems to relieve it. I had the itching a few weeks ago and now I am in ****. This is one of the worst flares I have had since I went on medication. I seem to be slowly getting worse even though I am taking a TONs of meds, Prednisone, Cellcept, Plaquenill, Prilosec, Celebrex, Hydrocodone, Metoprolol, Calcium, Multi-Vitamin. Every time I go to the doctor they add more medicine. Predinsone is the only thing that seems to give relief and that just keeps going up. I am taking 30 mg a day. Does anyone else see this happening to themselves?

Comment

i did get this awful burning sensation about 2 years ago underneath my feet but it went away since taking plaquenil. as for the itching i only itch on my arms.

Comment

yes yes yes. I thought it was just me! I stay awake all night with it. It's always worse at night,and tiny little bites all over as well and there is nothing there. Drives me mad,and I take "piriton". There is NOWHERE that doesn't itch. Regards from fellow itcher.

Comment

I to get the burning under the feet,and my toes pain. It is never on the heel.

Comment

Hi Isolate,

You are unlikely to get any feedback from this thread, it is an old one from last year. Maybe start a thread of your own on the subject if you are looking for suggestions?

Katharine

Comment

I have found that a day without itching is the beginning to a good day LOL. I have itched so much that blood comes out. I am not sure why we do this. I have found by keeping notes on the itching within a few days of a bad itching event I am just wiped out for the next 2-3 days.

I wish you the best with the itching as I have not found much that helps long term and what might work one time does not work again for awhile, just our luck.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Fatal error: Uncaught Database error in vBulletin 5.1.0: [Showing truncated query, original length: 11192] [First 500 chars] Invalid SQL: /** saveDbCache */ INSERT INTO cache (cacheid,expires,created,locktime,serialized,data) VALUES ('node_3670_lvl1data', 1398434656, 1398348256, 0, '1', 'a:53:{s:6:\"nodeid\";s:4:\"3670\";s:7:\"routeid\";s:2:\"69\";s:13:\"contenttypeid\";s:2:\"20\";s:11:\"publishdate\";s:10:\"1218411113\";s:13:\"unpublishdate\";s:1:\"0\";s:6:\"userid\";s:5:\"41029\";s:7:\"groupid\";N;s:10:\"authorname\";s:12:\"DirTEELinens\";s:11:\"description\";N;s:5:\"title\";s:23:\"Lupus & the itching\";s:9 [Last 500 chars] artertotalcount\";s:1:\"9\";s:15:\"starterurlident\";s:17:\"lupus-the-itching\";s:14:\"deleteusername\";N;s:14:\"lastauthorname\";N;s:11:\"edit_reason\";N;s:11:\"edit_userid\";N;s:13:\"edit_username\";N;s:13:\"edit_dateline\";N;s:10:\"hashistory\";N;s:18:\"starternodeoptions\";s:3:\"138\";s:18:\"channelnodeoptions\";s:3:\"138\";}') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE expires = VALUES(exp in /home/joanne86/public_html/forum/core/vb/database.php on line 1201