Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• legs hurt and heavy

hi everyone,
    Anyone have trouble with legs hurting? This past week my legs feel heavy and hurt. Hard for me to walk. Is this lupus causing this? I also have fibromyalgia. My joints and muscles have been hurting all over. This weather is killing me. We've been getting alot of rain lately.
    I'm tired of hurting.:worried: Thanks for listening.
    Diane

Hiya.. I walk the dog every day, but some days legs feel like lead..and they can be very sensitive to touch at times too... so guess it could be the old lupie rearing its very ugly head... hope you feel better soon XX

Comment

Hi,

I'm like this every day I hope it passes soon for you. Oh and I don't have Fibromyalgia either.

love
      Lily

Comment

Diane you are right we have had alot of rain lately. I know my legs feel stiff like trying to walk with boards for legs. I hope you feel better soon.

Stacy

Comment

Hi Diane-
          I am so sorry to hear about your leg pain. I, too, have fibromyalgia and I can't tell if my joint and leg pain is fibromyalgia or lupus. Can you make an appointment with your doctor? You have been having terrible weather in Alabama, I hope it gets better soon. My son-in-law is getting up for work and I am going to make coffee for him so I have to run. Try to rest as much as you can. Elevating your legs may help. Please let us know how you are getting on. Take care and talk to you soon.
          Rose

Comment

I also live like this every day but it's all my muscles in my body, my docs have done so many tests and they can't pin point anything specific that is causing it. Maybe someday. Prednisone is the only thing that helps.

Hope it passes for you soon.

Jen

Comment

I have this problem my legs don't feel like their mine most of the time. They seem very heavy and the pain is aching in my knees and cramping in my calves. The lupus paniculitis in my legs also everytime a new inflammation nodule comes I get a throbbing pain in that area of my leg. I have lupus and fybromyalgia. But my doctor says lupus arthritis and swelling of the knee joints causes the fluid to drain down leg and cramp my calves. This leg pain for me is lupus related. Usually when my fybromyalgia flares up my neck gets stiff and muscles around that area burn and hurt then comes all over body pain. My doctor gave me some percocet for pain. Also voltaren gel for application directly to the painful area. I am on ssdi so medicare doesn't pay for voltaren gel so maybe ask doctor for some samples if insurance won't cover. The voltaren is great for fast pain relief. I also get a hot hot bath at night before bed and just sit in the tub until water gets too cold.

I would make a visit to rhematologist asap to be evaluated. My doctor is very busy and she has to run from one patient to the next so I am sure to stress all of my new symptoms and concerns. I also tell her if it is stopping me from completing daily routine. she suggests medicines and ways to help me either get rid of the symptom or deal with it. In the mean time I would try to eliminate as much stress as possible because it does make it worse.

Take care. I hope you get some relief soon. I know its hard to endure. I will be lifting you up in my prayers.
              Let us know what the rhematologist says.
              Last edited by leannelee; 08-18-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Hi, I get this, especially when I am flaring my legs are so weak I can't walk. I have lupus and don't have fibromyalgia. Steroids help but I still get it. Maybe your doc could give you something to help?

Deb

Comment

Legs hurt and heavy

Hi everyone,
                  Thank you so much for all of your replies. I have a couple of days off from work so I've been resting alot. I see my rheumy in a couple of weeks for blood work. I'm trying to go out on disability as I am a mechanic and my job is very physical. I just can't do it anymore. Pain has taken over my life. I ruptured my right bicep at work and had surgery on it 3 months ago. I'm still going for therapy on it. I pray that God will take away all of your pain. Its nice to have people to talk to that understand what you are going through. God bless each and every one of you.:bigsmile: Diane

Comment

I said above that prednisone was the only thing that helped me but that's not true, prednisone will help get me on my feet but Mobic helps a lot for the pain.

Jen

Comment

Working...
                    X