X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back spasms, twitching, shaking

Can anyone relate to this? I often have muscle spasms in my back. I see a massage therapist and a chiro to control them. Today's experience was different, perhaps more of a neurological problem than an inflammatory one???

One moment I was fine and then I was struck by a spasm in the lower left quadrant of my back. The pain went right through me--I could feel it wrap around my waist to my lower left belly. I felt nauseous within minutes. I had chills and goosebumps, and my arms, hands, and legs shook.

I took some Advil and laid down for an hour. The pain subsided, but when the Advil wore off, I had another sudden attack--every symptom returned at once. My husband massaged my back, and I felt a lot better. I parked myself on the couch for the rest of the night afraid to set things off again. While resting, I experienced muscles twitching and jumping up and down the whole left side of my back. Does this sound neuropathic to you?

Thank you!

1tiredmama

((( Tired mama )))) this does sound very painful. It could have many causes, if it continues get to the doc to get it checked. I have continuous muscle spasms in my neck due to scoliosis. I find a combination of heat massasge, muscle relaxants and pain killlers help!! Hope it improves for you.

Take care

Deb

Comment

Think its always best to get these things checked out. I had violen twitches/seizures from my left shoulder, and down my whole body, especially when i was tired. Had all the brain scans and checks, but eventually was my plaquinel (which has a rare side affect of seizures) and mine have all stopped now i'm off that. Stopped literally within 2 weeks. ALways better to be safe than sorry.
      xxx

Comment

I have had plenty of muscle twitching and spasm but nothing as you describe.

Maybe a phone call to the doctor is warranted here.

How are you feeling now???

Comment

I have this very bad, getting them all over my body but the worst start in my back wrap around my ribs and up my sternum, it is totally immobilizing, painful and makes breathing difficult. I'll take a Mobic (NSAID) and Skelaxin (muscle relaxer) and use a heating pad (which really help, I need to get a 2nd one so I can have one on the front and back, I'll look like quite the sight :lol. Not much I can do but lay down and not move. They seem to have gotten worse over the past year. Rest, rest, rest is the best.

Good luck to you!

Comment

I ended up in the ER last night. Turns out, it's a kidney stone (my 7th!). OUCH!!!

Thank you for your replies. Now... Off I go into Percoset "La La Land." :hehe:

1tiredmama

Comment

They are painful and i hope you get relief.

By the way, I sent you a private message.

Hope your feeling a bit better and pass that stone without much problem.

Comment

((( Tiredmama ))) sounds very painful, rest up and I hope it passes quickly.

Take care

Deb x

Comment

(((((((((1tiredmama)))))))))) Ouch, they are painful for sure from what I have heard. Might be an idea to get your Vitamin D levels tested if you get these regularly. Hope this is the last of it for you :hug:

love
                  Lily

Comment

Howdy,
                    The lower back spasms were onof my presenting symptoms. I once was on my motorcycle having a great ride when I decided to stop at a car dealership. I parked, tried to get off the bike and ZAP! there is was feeling as though I were impaled on oneof Sir Launcelot's pig stickers. Great pain, scared to move, scared to not move. More or less fell off the bike and hobbled into the dealership where I spent a long time looking at cars, being balthered at by a salesman and having no intention of buying. All I was doing was my level best to figure out how to get back on my motorcycle to ride home! At long last, having taken an aspirin or something I had with me, I made it onto the bike wihtout quite dying of the pain, rode home and happily collapsed. Shortly thereafter the MD told me I had SLE. Daily Tramadol and the occasional Tylonal 3 seem to keep the wolf's bite at bay.
                    Good luck with this excruciating symptom!
                    Douglas+

Comment

Working...
                    X