1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    If you have any problems resetting your password please just email me joanne@thelupussite.com
    Dismiss Notice

Blood pressure AI related?

Discussion in 'Related Conditions' started by VeeJay, Jun 16, 2017.

1. VeeJay

VeeJay Member

I have had high blood pressure for several years and am taking a Beta Blocker for it, and even so my BP is usually 145+/85+ and sometimes over 150/90. I started hydroxychlor in December with slow improvement, but the first of this month (June) did notice a more marked lessening of the fatigue. It's been a few months since I checked my BP, and when I did this week I was shocked - over a three day period I've seen BP levels of 110/60 to 127/68 (one as low as 94/60).

Apparently there was no reason for my having high BP (all heart and artery tests show no issues). I read somewhere that AI can raise BP. So I guess this was the cause all along. I am going to start lowering the dose of the Beta Blocker, starting tonight. I was going to wait until my GP appointment in about 10 days, but with that 94 reading, I'm not going to wait. (Yes, I'll be doing it gradually, starting with 1-1/2 pills instead of 2.)