1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    If you have any problems resetting your password please just email me joanne@thelupussite.com
    Dismiss Notice

Blood Test Results...can anyone help me

Discussion in 'Tests and Procedures' started by Y.S., Jun 16, 2017.

1. Y.S.

Y.S. New Member

Hi, I am a 37 year old female who has developed a lot of allergies/sensitivities/ and symptoms over the years (most recent are issues with the heat and sun sensitivity). But two symptoms that have always been constant are gastro issues and fatigue. I have finally changed doctors and got some bloodwork done but it will be a while before I can see the doc to have the results explained to me. I have tried doing my own research but I have not come across anything mentioned about so many low positives in the extended ENA. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ANA Positive Speckled 1:80 titer

MPV (ref. range 7.5-10.5) mine was 12.3

ESR (ref. range 0 <20) mine was 35

MTHFR 1298 gene mutation Heterozygous

Extended ENA profile:
    Test----------------------------------My Result
    DFS70 ---------------------------------- 3
    AMA M2---------------------------------2
    Ribosomal P-----------------------------1
    Cromatin --------------------------------2
    PCNA-------------------------------------1
    CENP B ----------------------------------3
    JO-1 --------------------------------------2
    ANTI-PM/SCL AB----------------------2
    SCL70 ------------------------------------3
    SSB ---------------------------------------2
    RO-52 ------------------------------------1
    SM----------------------------------------2
    Histone IgG------------------------------0
    SSA ---------------------------------------0
    nRNP/SM--------------------------------0

ANTI DNA DS Negative
    C3 normal
    C4 normal
    CBC normal (except MPV at 12.3)
    T4 normal
    TSH normal
    Tryptase normal

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hello and welcome Y.S.

Your ANA is low and your ANTI DNA DS is negative which would lead most docs away from Lupus. It does appear though as you may have an issue with high platelets and inflammation. Your doctor will need to look at each test in conjunction with the others along with your symptoms to make a determination.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

3. Y.S.

Y.S. New Member

Hello Lazylegs and thank you for replying. I know test results can be hard to interpret and I really appreciate you taking the time to explain some of it to me. Thank you. :)

By chance do you know if its common to have so many low positives on an extended ENA?
    I've tried to do research and see where someone has popped up a low positive to 2 or 3....some have a higher positive to 1....
    but a positive (although a low positive) to 12 of 15?

4. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

My labs don't have the results listed in the same manner so I can't assist you there.

5. Y.S.

Y.S. New Member

Thank you anyway.

6. mark176

mark176 Active Member

Hi

I think it means you are producing a wide range of different antibodies, rather than one main one. The clinical significance of that really needs an experienced rheumatologist.

From memory I remember my rheumatologist saying that you can get small titres which are insignificant. How low that value is I dont know

Kind regards
    Mark