1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    If you have any problems resetting your password please just email me joanne@thelupussite.com
    Dismiss Notice

Kidney Biop

Discussion in 'Tests and Procedures' started by denisemv, Mar 11, 2017.

1. denisemv

denisemv Breathe......

Hello all,
    Need some of your thoughts....As you probably read my post on having a Total Knee Replacement on 12/29, which was the best thing I did. Until my Lupus hit 4 weeks later....So sick,hospital twice....Protein in Urine,Fluid around heart and 600ml of fluid out of left lung.

Before surgery my labs & urine were fine. Now because of all this I may need a Kidney Biopsy. I have NEVER had organ involvement before. I also swelled in my legs,hands and left arm. Been on 40mg pred,cellcept,linsinipril (for high blood pressure) which I did not have before. Been on all these for 2 weeks and see Rheumy on 3/14. Hoping to lower pred. I have also been blessed with a roll on my stomache. Not sure if fluid or what....I am not his 145, but never had like a"fat roll"!!!
    Any suggestions would be so welcome ;)

2. debatat

debatat Moderator

It seems as though they don't want to take any chances and so are planning a kidney biopsy. That is because sometimes to tell how much inflammation the kidneys have is to look at them. A biopsy is usually painless and gives a much clearer picture of what is actually happening.

3. denisemv

denisemv Breathe......

Thank you Deb ;0)