1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    If you have any problems resetting your password please just email me joanne@thelupussite.com
    Dismiss Notice

lung Broncholithiasis

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by brenlee, Jan 24, 2017.

1. brenlee

brenlee Registered

sorry posted the wrong name i have Broncholithiasis i was told it was caused through my lupus does anone else have this

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Im sorry I cant be of help. Hopefully someone will come along to help.
    What are your symptoms, how are they treating it.
    Take care,
    Lyn

3. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

I'd never heard of this, brenlee, I had to google it so I can't be any help either. It sounds very unpleasant - do you have something to ease it?

4. brenlee

brenlee Registered

no u just get infection spent this weekend in hospital

5. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

I hope you're starting to feel better, are you able to rest up now you're home?

6. denisemv

denisemv Breathe......

I have it....Bronchiectasis....As a child I had many bouts of bronchitis, some pneumonia. When I got Lupus 23 years ago it attacked my lungs....What is means is you have raspy crackles in your lower lungs. Over time, I also got Asthma. I see my Pulmonary Dr and am on Symbocort inhaler 2x day. I am lucky because my Rheumy & Pulomnary are on the same page. I do get a Pneumonia every year. Except for this last flare and total knee replacement, I hadn't had a flare in over 5 year. But the one I am in now has been the WORST because of Kidney,lung & heart involvement. May need a kidney biop ;0(
    Very scary...I am hoping this will help

7. Mmouse

Mmouse New Member

I'm so sorry to hear that Lupus is causing you so many problems. I have been having crackles and wheezing a lot. I have been to a Pulmonary doctor and have been diagnosed with a restrictive disease which has been mild until recently. I feel that I can barely walk a block without feeling super winded. I have been having sharp pains in my chest. My Pulmonary Doctor scheduled me for an Echocardiogram which came back normal.....so why am I having chest pains? Is it connected to the wheezing and crackles......? I'm so frustrated because when I'm having issues it is never during a doctor visit. This disease has me feeling like I am literally going crazy until I read posts from this forum, then I know I'm not crazy. I so appreciate everybody and their information because it is informative and comforting. I will share all sound advice I get so that I can help someone else that may be feeling the way I do at times. Thanks for sharing.