1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    If you have any problems resetting your password please just email me joanne@thelupussite.com
    Dismiss Notice

My leg feeling warm and a burn feel?

Discussion in 'Living with lupus' started by susane, Apr 21, 2017.

1. susane

susane Registered

I started a couple of days ago having a slight burning feeling on my left leg skin above the knee. Tonight it feels slightly warm too. The rest of my leg feels fine. Has anyone had anything similar? No bad pain, but when my clothes rub across it, it hurts like a slight burning feeling. Just a new thing for me.

Thank you,
    susane

2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Susane,

No bad pain then it sounds like what I get at the beginning of a flare. Drives me nuts but lets me know to baby myself a little to help ward off further problems. In the event you notice swelling or an increase in pain contact your doctor.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

3. susane

susane Registered

Thanks lazylegs. I always worry about blood clots.

susane

4. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Susane blood clots are a real possibility which is why I mentioned pain and swelling. Those along with the redness would have me running to my doctor.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

5. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

My knees are on fire when I've pushed myself too much. They don't always feel that hot to the touch but are red but on the inside are scorching hot. I recently had the same in my elbows too but it doesn't make a difference when my clothes touch them. Have you overdone it or done something different to usual?

6. tuffymason

tuffymason Registered

Hi Susanne, always something isn't there with lupus. And I never know either is this regular lupus? or something else more acute to watch out for....
    I get terrible burning but I am told it is fibromyalgia, over active nerves, I questioned that at first until I was given lyrica, which is only for fibro and it worked amazing. It works by blocking pain receptors or something. The burning and horrible fatigue settles right down.
    The only other thing I can think of is phlabitis (spelling?) I had a friend who started with a little hot spot and it ended up spreading into her entire leg. It is painful though. It's a tissue infection which requires antibiotic pretty quick.
    Keep an eye on it, but I hope it just settles and all is well. Tuffymason

7. susane

susane Registered

My leg has been feeling better, but then I noticed some burning in different parts of my body. I have been trying to keep my gabapentin to one at night when the Dr. has down for 3 per day. I probably need to take more.

susane

8. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

The tablet can be cut so you might try increasing your dosage by 1/2 to see if that makes any difference.