1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    If you have any problems resetting your password please just email me joanne@thelupussite.com
    Dismiss Notice

Overlap Between SLE and RA

Discussion in 'Lupus News, Awareness and Research' started by MissDaisy 1, Dec 27, 2016.

1. MissDaisy 1

MissDaisy 1 New Member

2. mark176

mark176 Active Member

I can well believe that there is a strong overlap between both. The only thing that distinguishes one from the other is the type of antibody produced.
    Ultimately they all merge into the same class autoimmune. They are all treated same way using immunosuppressive drugs

MissDaisy 1 and VeeJay like this.
  3. keebler

keebler Moderator

We do have members who have both RA and lupus.

MissDaisy 1 likes this.
  4. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Hi
    It's real. I have had sle and RA for years now but no wiser which one is causing what. It can get very painful and I don't want to move. Raynards and fibro on top, so never know what one the pain is coming from. It's not easy coping with it all but always remember to rest it's important.
    Wolf1

5. MissDaisy 1

MissDaisy 1 New Member

My last ANA came out negative although I've had mildly positive ANA's in the past. I will find out more in late January. Waiting is always so hard.

Rest is important and hard for me to remember. I am so used to running around.

Do you have any tips on how often to rest? Would love to read any advice at all.

Many thanks and Happy New Year!

6. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

There is no formula on how often to rest. My body usually lets me know I've done too much if I pay attention to it. I usually get shaky and stumble but that is due to my CNS symptoms. Otherwise it is usually the fatigue taking over or my concentration getting worse.

Lupusdude likes this.