1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    If you have any problems resetting your password please just email me joanne@thelupussite.com
    Dismiss Notice

re starting methotrexate post surgery 3 months long infection after 1 st 2 doses

Discussion in 'Medications' started by countrylass, Apr 18, 2017.

1. countrylass

countrylass Registered

Hi re start methotrexate friday a nurse comes show me how to self inject i opted for this as meant be less side effects is that true?
    been on in past but pills,

10 mg starting dose
    i had 3 month long infection after taking 1st 2 doses of pills dec 2016 and january 2016.
    see rheumatologist day before due re start.
    had surgery on ym womb in march didnt succeed removing fibroid. took multiple biopsies

hi to you all been while.
    im on a plan losing weight lost 2 stone got 7 to go dr approved.
    countrylass

2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Congratulations on the weight loss. Will power is not my long suit. During your trying times remember we are here for encouragement.

The Methotrexate injection is suppose to be easier to tolerate. I hope you do well on it.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

3. debatat

debatat Moderator

Congratulations on the weight loss. I hope the methotrexate injection works for you.

4. wolf1

wolf1 Registered

Congratulations on your weight loss. Hope your injection works well for you. Keep us posted
    Take care
    Wolf1

5. Bane

Bane New Member

Hi countrylass, hope the methotrexate injections work this time Good Luck!!

6. susane

susane Registered

I hope everything works out.

susane