1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    If you have any problems resetting your password please just email me joanne@thelupussite.com
    Dismiss Notice

Reset password email??

Discussion in 'Tech and test' started by mea, Apr 19, 2017.

1. mea

mea mea

Received an email yesterday saying all users need to visit the site and reset passwords by clicking on the sites' forgotten password link in order to use the new software the site has installed. This true??

2. debatat

debatat Moderator

I will have to check with the admin of the board, mea. I haven't had an email.

mea likes this.
  3. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

The mods have been having truly frustrating problems with the site, particularly the UK mods for some reason; so it may be another glitch....we will await the administrators response Mea.....

mea likes this.
  4. mea

mea mea

Thanks Deb and Claire. Please let me know what you find out.

5. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hi Mea.... have asked administrator again the question...............getting old whilst waiting for the blinking answer !!! We haven't forgotten you ........

mea likes this.
  6. debatat

debatat Moderator

Hi Mea, the admin have said that the only way to know if the email was genuine or not was if you sent it to them. If you want to sort that out, just inbox either myself or any of the mods and we can sort that for you.

mea likes this.
  7. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Just a suggestion, Mea along with Deb's sound advice, and I'm sorry if this doesn't help....if you hover your mouse / cursor over the 'sender' of the email without opening it, it should show in a little window by the cursor the name of the sender. If this doesn't match the lupus email, it is probably spam. e.g. I sometimes get spam emails that look like they're from the bank but if I hover the mouse over the name that looks the same as the bank email address, it shows something completely different. It might be worth you trying this...unless I've just caused confusion!

mea likes this.
  8. debatat

debatat Moderator

That is interesting Jess, and good info. Thank you. I have learned something new :thumbsup:

Jessica1 likes this.
  9. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

I have also. Thanks for the tip.

Jessica1 likes this.
  10. mea

mea mea

Thanks for all the info guys. I checked the message and sender is thelupussite.com@vsobr.com. Since I'm not having any problem signing in and no one else has gotten this I think I will just leave it alone, but thanks for checking into it.

keebler likes this.
  11. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

And thank you, Mea for posting it. Other members will hopefully learn from your message and it's good that you asked rather than just responded to it. Sorry we haven't been able to confirm from the administrators yet but I think it's safe to say you've done the right thing.