1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    If you have any problems resetting your password please just email me joanne@thelupussite.com
    Dismiss Notice

Site Announcement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Joanne, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Joanne

Joanne Administrator

Hi everyone

You may have noticed the site was down for a little while last week. It’s because the site has transferred to a new server and new owner. I’ve not been able to actively take part in the forums for many years due to family and business commitments. With a 9 year old, 7 year old, and 13 month old, life is quite hectic! Trying to keep this site going, and deal with the technical difficulties and other problems that crop up can be very stressful and time consuming, which as you know isn’t good for someone with lupus!
    The new owners have assured me that the forums will continue as normal and you shouldn’t see many changes. They have a great team, state of the art servers, the technical expertise, and know-how to keep the forums going and make them even bigger and better than they are now. Hopefully the existing mod team (who are amazing and keep the site running on a day to day basis) will remain, and there will also be a new admin behind the scenes. I will stay on as an admin and try to pop in when I can. So keep posting, and carry on as normal, and thank you for being members here. You and the moderating team are what makes TheLupusSite.com so great!

Thanks

Joanne

Eileen T likes this.
  2. VSadmin

VSadmin Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone,

My name is Philip, I am a community manager for VerticalScope.com, I work with a small team that will continue to manage the webmaster duties for TheLupusSite.com along with the current moderator team. We are here to help primarily with the technical end of things and help make the jobs of the current Mods/Admins easier. I posted a real basic run down to answer common questions below. If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to post them in response.

What are our intentions?

We bring reliability, support and the infrastructure needed to ensure that the community will continue to be around for years to come. It’s our goal to work with the mod/admin team to help provide the resources and required work to give this community a broader reach, to attract new members, and to better the overall knowledge shared in the community.

Will leadership change?

Continuity is the focus here, YOU as the membership work very hard to keep building this community while your mod/admin team keep the walls and the roof up in this place; we are primarily here to make sure the lights stay on. Every community is unique and should always be respected in that regard. You all have established your own unique rules and regulations and a strong reputation that is carried by all of this. For us it’s paramount to maintain this level of integrity and enthusiasm.

What am I here for?

Our primary role is to be the technical contact; you all contributed to building the strong foundation the site was built on. Moving forward we will all work together to keep the momentum and the community growing. We will be on the forum checking in daily to make sure regular maintenance is taken care of and keeping things running smoothly from behind the scenes. We will also be setting up a help desk on the site for when you have questions or issues with the site or your account and need assistance.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Thanks,
    -Philip

Sophie Jassat and Eileen T like this.