2.4x1.3cm lymph node in neck? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

2.4x1.3cm lymph node in neck?

Discussion in 'Not Diagnosed Yet?' started by howiwonder, Sep 27, 2017.

1. howiwonder

howiwonder New Member

Hey there!

I was diagnosed a few months ago with Hashimoto's thyroiditis and hypothyroidism. I recently got my levels to close to optimal on Synthroid. I still have a lot of symptoms such as bad joint and muscle pain, fatigue, headaches, chest pain and tightness, kidney pain, enlarged spleen, diarrhea, hair loss, easy bruising, itching, swollen lymph nodes (I think many of them are swollen all over), and more. This leads me to think that I probably have additional issues here besides my thyroid. I am seeing a rheumatologist in about a month, and an ENT in several months, but I have questions about lymph nodes that I don't want to wait that long for. My doctor hasn't offered any information to help me, or suggested I do anything in the meantime, but I'm worried!

I had an ultrasound on my neck, and while my thyroid looks enlarged and has a couple nodules, it seems typical of Hashimoto's. However, many of my surrounding lymph nodes are quite large. At least 5 of them measure over 1cm. One of them, which actually is pretty tender, is 2.4 x 1.3cm! Is this size of node a normal finding for lupus? I am quite worried about lymphoma... I just don't want it to be that, but I can't get it out of my mind... :(

Should I be asking for a biopsy or seeing if I have more enlarged lymph nodes throughout my body?

Attached Files:

2. mark176

mark176 Active Member

Hi

You should get it checked out. However, i also used to get swollen lymph nodes mostly in groin area. Now problems are controlled that doesn't tend to occur.

Kind regards
    Mark

3. mark176

mark176 Active Member

I meant to add my rheumy also wanted to rule out lynphoma. The scan they used was a full body pet-ct scan. It scans you from head to toe.

4. howiwonder

howiwonder New Member

Thank you, Mark. I'm glad that lymphoma was ruled out for you, and your problems are under control now.

I will be asking my GP for follow up.