5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake | Page 2 | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

5 Minute Chocolate Mug Cake

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marymackay, Aug 17, 2008.

1. cemc

cemc Registered

I got this through another list I'm on, and being the chocoholic I am, one was in the microwave within an hour of me reading the recipe! I use gluten free flour, and 3 minutes in an 850 watt microwave. Also add the tiniest bit of baking powder (or use self raising flour). Think it does need the extra chocolate bits in too. I'm about to try variations on this as a steamed pudding alternative (gluten free ones are way too expensive, and this is so easy you could do it spur of the moment). Was thinking lots of dried fruit, self raising flour, vanilla flavouring, etc. Other idea was to do the upside down pudding variation, but that would involve mixing it up in one mug, and then pouring it over the top of the pudding topping in another mug to cook. I've also promised a friend I'll try a gluten and dairy free one for her - using GF flour, and soya milk. Can't see why it won't work.

2. pippa10

pippa10 Registered

Well done on finding this threat i will be trying some of these recipes.

3. ThoughtForFood

ThoughtForFood Registered

It would be great to be able to include nutritional info along with recipes! This single serving cake contains about 900 calories.

4. pippa10

pippa10 Registered

Are you serious Foodforthought I can't afford that amount of calories with the wedding only 2 1/2 weeks away and still nothing to ware this day gets better and better.

5. cally

cally Registered

Sometimes you just have to allow yourself a treat eh? You could always share it. I will give this ago with my boyfriend with some gluten free flour.

Cally x

6. TracyJN

TracyJN Registered

Oh dear me, I shouldn't have looked at this thread! :eek:hno:

7. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

I think if you look at the ingredients and the weights the calories are much lower than 900....its only a little cup of chololate cake for goodness sakes

8. Jjude

Jjude Registered

my son made this for me last night and we shared it. was fantastic! yum yum, nice treat once in a while

9. Pink Pearl

Pink Pearl Registered

CEMC, are you using rice flour for your alternate? I'm interested to know if you used a mix or blend of other gf flours. I have to replace tapioca in most mixes as I react to that one as well as the gluten flours. I've found that cornstarch and potato starch do well enough to replace it. I also use carob instead of cocoa as I am allergic to chocolate. Carob is easily replaced with same amounts as cocoa and carob chips are the same as chocolate drops/chips. Remember you are dealing with different nationalities with the "names" in each.
    For those in the UK "pudding" refers to any desert, while in the US it is a milk base mix which can be cooked or not.
    In the US, use light corn syrup for "golden syrup." I had a cookbook from the UK that made that reference and I finally found somewhere it made the definition.

This sounds luscious. I'll have to give it to my dad as he is "batching" it while my mom is in the hospital. I'll do some slow cooking meals for him while he is doing on his own. With spending time at the hospital as he is, he doesn't have time to do long time cooking now. He appreciates meals he can heat up in the nuker and not have to do a lot of work.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sally