A decision has been made on my ssi? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

A decision has been made on my ssi?

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Jennannshear, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

Ok last week I get a letter telling me I need to see one of their doctors.. I was nervous at first but soon realized this is a normal part of the process.. and then I checked online to see if there was any update to my ssi application.. punched in my social and my number and this is what it stated:

"A decision has been made on your claim. You will receive the official notice of any decision made on your claim by U.S. mail."

But I never received the appointment to meet with "their" doctor yet.. so how could they have made a decision??? I am confussed.. any advice?

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Jenna,

Not sure what they mean by this. Hopefully someone will come along who can tell us what it means.

Do you suppose they got notes from your all your doctors and made a decision on that?

Please keep us informed on this.

Love,
    Lyn

3. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

Hey Lyn.. I called SSI this morning.. I had a case worker and spoke with her this morning. She said nothing has been decided and is not sure why the site said that as she is my case worker and would know.. She also said that they were falling behind with my ssi doctor appointment. She said they will do a physical exam.. discuss my medical issues and how they affect me.. she also said that I could not get ssdi bc I do not have al ong enough work history but that it shows I have a hard time keeping work due to the pain and fatigue.. she also said that she knows how painful internal cystitis is.. she told me to smile through my tears and that every thing will work out ... so that helped me.. I just worry because I know many people get a denial first.. I am praying I will bet an approval.. My husband got promoted to supervisor and while that should be a great thing, with out my "income" we just go over the threshold for outside help and now we are left alone.. I will loose my medicaid in a few months and have to find another means to pay.. the stress alone does not help.

4. ceenic123

ceenic123 Registered

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are going through this. Hopefully you get approved and it all works out. Just remember that if you can't get SSD and you do get approved for SSI, they will give you an amount based on you total household uncome. Just a FYI. I hope that it all works out for you. I hope that oyu are having a Pain free day! :)