A ? on losing weight | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

A ? on losing weight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sushi, Jan 16, 2008.

1. sushi

sushi Registered

Do you have to sweat in order to lose weight?

A lot of people say that you do.

and i also heard that you dont have to.

i and determined to lose weight but i dont
    think that i can sweat too much because
    i can only excercise lightly.

what do you think my friends.:) :)

2. sam101360

sam101360 Registered

I have never heard that...Eat right (less than your body can use, but enough to keep it going).

Increase your activity levels, if you do nothing, walking is an increase if you walk, try climbing stairs (if you can) or bike riding.

Swimming is great exercise that does not stress the joints.

There are many different methods of loosing weight, I found that eating right (with an occasional chocolate or piece of cake) without deprivation and a reduction in carbohydrate intake worked the best for me. I lost 35 pounds and have kept it off for 3 years...I have gained a little here and there, but I just adjust my cheating and walk a little more and it goes away.

Best of luck - it is not any easy thing to do

Stephanie

3. Maia

Maia Registered

Most definitely not! Exercise helps, but eating less is probably the most important factor in losing weight. Ideally, both would be incorporated into a weight loss plan. But sometimes, exercise is just not an option.

4. sushi

sushi Registered

thank you Sam and Maia:dancing: :dancing:

5. Raglet

Raglet Registered

both exercise and food intake is important for weight loss, but you don't have to sweat up a storm to loose weight.

Exercise is important, as if you just limit calories your body will reduce it's metabolic rate, which makes it harder to loose weight. Increasing your exercise will help you loose weight without lowering that metabolism rate.

But honestly, you don't have to start running marathons, and there are lots of joint friendly options like water aerobics that are gentle on sore joints and great for flexibility.

I go to the gym 3x a week and to a programme that is specifically tailored around me and my disability - I love it and yes I am loosing lots of weight. Actually I am at the point that I am starting to hope I don't loose too much more, but I don't seem to have much control over it.

The trick is finding an exercise that you can do, and that you enjoy, otherwise you will never stick at it.

best of luck with it all

raglet

6. sushi

sushi Registered

thank you Raglet you have given me the courage to go to the gym

i think that what i need being that i cant go out and walk my dogs

in this cold weather every day. im going to sign up for 3 months to

see how it goes. ill keep you posted.

7. Katharine

Katharine Registered

8. sushi

sushi Registered

:bigsmile: :bow: ty,ty,ty,ty Katharine, i couldnt have asked for something

better to read on this topic. that was so interesting i read the whole thing

and it answered alot of my concerns. you guys are truly amazing.:exercise: :swim: