Advice for claiming dla please | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice for claiming dla please

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by melissa1989, Jul 11, 2011.

1. melissa1989

melissa1989 Registered

just been told that can't claim disability. Do you think it's worth appealing ?
    Or is there anything elsre that u can claim ?

thanks
    Melissa xx:)

2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Since you didn't say why you can't claim disability so it is hard to say. That being said if you read back threads from this forum you will see many are turned down the first time around. On appeal they have a much better outcome.

I am from the US so I can't help with other possible avenues for you to try.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

3. Monica3

Monica3 Registered

Melissa-

Can you say more about the claim you submitted? A little more info will help in getting the responses you need.

Monica

4. melissa1989

melissa1989 Registered

i applied for dla
    x

5. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

Melissa,

I have just adapted your title hoping it will attract more responses :)

6. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

Melissa,

When you think about appealing I would suggest you approach the 'Citizens Advice Bureau' with a copy of what you previously submitted so that they can help with you an appeal.

Always remember that any questions answered should be stated as 'on your worst day'...... not your best or okay days!