Alternative therapies such as Reiki, Reflexology..what do you think? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative therapies such as Reiki, Reflexology..what do you think?

Discussion in 'Complementary therapies' started by Josephine M, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Josephine M

Josephine M Registered

Hello,
    I have been having Reiki treatments for the past 6 years and have trained in Reiki 1 myself. Personally I have found that it helps to relax me and also helps me sleep. When I initially started with Reiki, I found that I became more stable than I had been.
    I have recently started having reflexology treatments too. This also really helps me to relax.

Have any of you had any experiences with Reiki or Reflexology? If so, how do you feel it affects you?

2. mark176

mark176 Active Member

Hi

Not tried those. However I used Chinese medicine and acupuncture. That allowed me to remove my western pills. I dont have organ involvement.

I stopped that due to cost, currently using kinesiology. The detox program she used made further progress and now allows me to exercise without limits. I get the occasional off day, but have made a lot of progress with complementary stuff. I also do self cupping.

3. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Hiya.. I also have trained in Reiki 1 and 2 and find it very helpful, I just should practice it on myself more often, never get enough time for me !

I also do yoga....just 3 of us so quite intense. I too had acupuncture which I think helped for a short time, whilst I was going through a particularly poorly phase. I am careful with Vits etc and I didn't find homeopathy helpful at all, but I did try it !

I have reflexology about twice a year and love it for the deep relaxation. All these can help alongside our meds and good diets etc to help relax our battle weary bodies. I always make the reflexologist aware that I don't want my immune system stimulated etc. There is also a lovely treatment caused aroma touch with oils which is deeply relaxing and not harsh pummelling ... I found if I had an ordinary massage I was in agony for days afterwards as my body reacted to the muscles being pulled around etc.

I think it can be very individual as to what we find helpful.... just as these diseases are individual, so are our responses to other things; however universally we do need to consider if these things are boosting our immune systems (and aiding the attack on ourselves) or helping our bodies have some space for relaxing for a while.