and the decision is... | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

and the decision is...

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Jennannshear, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

favorable! WOOOOP. I called SSI bc I had not heard anything from my appeal. The paper work is in the mail and she said it was approved. Not sure whats next BUT I am so happy!

2. Katharine

Katharine Registered

At long last; some good news for you Jen :woohoo: I'm so glad to hear it.

Katharine

3. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

I KNOW!!!! I have been busy really taking time to sleep and read and just baby my every littlle ache and pain.. I decided to "let go and let God" - I have been feeling great lately as long as I stick with in my limits.. this came at a HUGE moment in my life. I am thankful - anyone knows what happens next lol?

4. TracyJN

TracyJN Registered

Great news Jen, so pleased for you. :)

5. daisy246

daisy246 Registered

Well done Jenna, that really must be a great weight off your mind. :)

6. Monica3

Monica3 Registered

What a relief! I am so happy for you. As you learn about the benefits, please share...

Monica

7. keebler

keebler Moderator

Congratulations Jenna! :)

8. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Great news Jenn.
    Let us know how you get along.
    Oh yes, check your account.....it may already be in there with out your knowledge.

9. Jennannshear

Jennannshear Registered

Hello! I got two letters in the mail.. one was the approval with great detail as to how he figured out the disability and it also states that he feels I am disabled as on January 2009 - I actually applied in September of 2009 so I was shocked he went back to January.. He looked through ALL things and I am blessed not only that he said yes to SSI but realized that the date my symptoms went down hill - was prior to me applying for SSI. So thankful. The other letter was a basic letter stating that I have to go to the local SSI building on the 16th at 9am. I was told to bring my account information, my addresses, rent amounts, bills and such since Jan 09 as well as all income in the house.. I was not working then nor since but my husband started work in March of 09 and then went to supervisor about a year ago (income change-that I told the judge about) ... I have to also have that on hand to determine the SSI amount. Even though I do not work, they will use his income and minus the expenses from every day living.. such as a car payment, insurance, food, shelter, utilities.. - well if they minus all of that, his monthly income is barely nothing.. since we live pay check to pay check and scrape by.. On paper it sounds like enough but its really nothing when you take into consideration what goes out every month. Wish me luck. I feel nervous now.. just want to get it done with and move on! Little advice to those in the fight for SSI or SSD - don’t give up.. its stressful and draining but worth it in the end. Almost 2 years later I am finally crying tears of joy and relief!

10. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Again Congrats Jenn.
    Good things do come to those who wait.
    Glad you stuck it out.