Another result! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Another result!

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by buffster, Nov 10, 2008.

1. buffster

buffster Registered

I have just been granted maximum mobility rate disability living allowance and medium care rate for my lupus. This totals about £92/week and every penny helps! I had a bit of help with my form from my health visitor and I'd really recommend getting some help filling in your form. It took about 4 hrs to do (no kidding) and I wrote down EVERY single bit of help I have needed/recieved over the past 2 years (I needed to add about 5 extra pages).

I am writing this to anyone who is unsure whether to go down the route of claiming, and to say that it's worth a shot. If anyone wants any help or advice I am more than happy to email etc!!

2. Clare.T

Clare.T Registered

:cheer2:

Congratulations Buffster and thanks for letting us know. I am sure others will be encouraged.

Cheers

Clare

3. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Congratulations. Although I must admit being from the US your system works differently from ours and therefore your post is confusing to me but it all sounds great!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So happy things worked out in your favor and your right, every penny helps.

4. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

Well Done, I know myself what a big help this is. If you don't have a Blue Badge for the car you now automatically qualify, and don't forget you are exempt from Road Tax!
    I strongly suggest you spend a little money on something you will enjoy!
    x Lola