Blood Test Concerns? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Blood Test Concerns?

Discussion in 'Not Diagnosed Yet?' started by Moeie586, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Moeie586

Moeie586 New Member

Hi there!!

I am trying to figure out what would cause HIGH intact parathyroid levels (with normal calcium); severely LOW Vitamin D levels, and also HIGH Anion Gap (metabolic acidosis) levels as well? glucose levels and everything else seemed to be normal.

I also recently had an sudden increase in blood pressure and cholesterol. a lot of knee, ankle and foot pain if walking or standing...and as far as current medical history, I have pcos, hormonal trouble/intertility/etc.

would any of this be related to an immune disease such as lupus?

thanks for your help, I am currently waiting to meet with my doctor, who called me today to come in ASAP. but wont be able to meet with them until next week. so im a little anxious because the possibility of immune disorders was brought up previously. and everything i have googled in regards to this seems to return some typee of lupus or autoimmune disorder. so it would be nice to hear directly from those who may have experienced similar symptoms, so i know what to expect at least.

2. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

If these are your main symptoms then it could be many a thing.......... I am glad they are investigating you so you can rule things in and out...have they checked on your Kidneys ?

3. Moeie586

Moeie586 New Member

Hi Claire. They did not mention anything about the kidneys yet. But i am sure its something they will bring up in my appointment next week because of the anion gap levels. Just crazy how everything suddenly started going haywire