Breathing issues... | Page 2 | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Breathing issues...

Discussion in 'Living with lupus' started by mea, May 12, 2016.

1. mea

mea mea

Hi everyone ,hope you are all doing okay.

Was on prednisone for the past couple of months,felt better than I have in years..even working didn't cause much swelling....until I finished the pred. Exhaustion and inflammation was back within a week. Great pill but boy does it fool us into thinking we are doing better than we really are.

Saw my Neuro (MS DR.) ,after doing exam and asking how I was doing said...the response I had to the prednisone supports his exam finding that my issues are due to the ctd as MS is not inflammatory, which is what I thought but glad to have it checked.

Saw rheumy, went over my other Dr's notes and said he wants me back on the prednisone long term to control the inflammation - no more anti-inflams as my liver enzymes are up again and they may be aggravating my AIH and will also help the breathing issue , ordered bone scan, bloodwork and see me in 6 mths unless I need to see him faster.

So, another new normal I guess, just thankful to be feeling better. So while the pred carries it's own risks,quality of life is most important....we find the lowest dose that lets me be able to enjoy life and hope for the best.:fingers:

2. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

Mea, that sounds like rpogress to me.... I have to stay on a small dose of pred to have quality of life....which is so important to have both for you, your family and your mental health .....It may take a while to find what dose of pred in it's lowest format controls you enough to be able to function well enough to have a good existence, rather than a more painful/unstable one :0).

I wish you well as you move forward to a more calm, settled body.............Claire

mea likes this.
  3. debatat

debatat Moderator

I am glad to hear that you have found something to help control your illness and keep the symptoms at bay. I hope it continues to work for you.

Take care

mea likes this.
  4. mea

mea mea

Thanks Claire and Deb for the well wishes, I wish the same for you. :grouphug:

5. sheilakdavis

sheilakdavis sheila

I also have breathing problems. Lupus has attacked my lungs. I am on imuran 100mg at night. I have been on steroids for past three years. I am know on 7.5 mg. I am feeling better some days better than others. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mea likes this.
  6. mea

mea mea

Hi Sheila, sorry to hear of your lung issue but glad the steroids are helping you.

sheilakdavis likes this.
  7. sheilakdavis

sheilakdavis sheila

Have good days and bad days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Machak

Machak New Member

Yes, I've had both patterns, as well as right hemidiaphragm paralysis that comes and goes... this disease can really play havoc with your lungs.