Brilliant Sunshine Friday "now" Snowing Heavily Sunday | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Brilliant Sunshine Friday "now" Snowing Heavily Sunday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greenhaggis, Apr 6, 2008.

1. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

How mad is the weather!

On Friday is was definately shorts a t-shirt weather, now Sunday morning we have heavy snowfall and it has settled!

My kids have been out throwing snowballs and building a huge snowman since 7.30am. They would have been out before (6.40) but it is Sunday and our grumpy neighbours would probably stirred (and been grumpy). THEY ARE HAVING GREAT FUN! My husband and cousin (big kids) have just joined the young kids, I'm going out soon to join them too!

I'm just glad I don'd have to do the school run today as our route is very dodgy with snow due to steep bendy hills!

Take care, love
    Lesley

2. ALWIN

ALWIN Guest

But isn't it beautiful too?

I got up at 07.00hrs and it is great just because it is actuallylight again at this time of day, but to wake up to fresh white snow AND glorious sunshine is truly magical.

Do hope it stays nice for the couple of weks school hols!

All the best

:love:

3. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Haha, Yep, we had that all last week. It snowed on Good Friday and stayed until about Tuesday. A good 40cm of snow. The kids were delighted but, for once, the roads weren't cleared staright away. I think the council were kind of surprised by such heavy snowfall at the end of March. We usually have to have 4 snow tyres on the car here but the last two winters have been so mild (and I haven't been working) so we didn't bother. Poor hubby ended up having one of the neighbours push him up the hill the first day :lol:

Now, we have intermittant sleet and hail showers interspersed with sunshine so who knows what will happen next...

Anyways, let's hope that at least this year it doesn't rain for the whole of the month of July...

Katharine

4. julsie

julsie Registered

Yep,it's just started snowing here.That's because I just put my washing out to try and dry it off for an hour,hhmphh!
    Julsie

5. LoopyLoo

LoopyLoo Registered

It's like we've had every season possible in Scotland too!

On Tuesday we had rain and gales which ended up in flooding. Wednesday was glorious and we walked the dog without jackets. Thursday there was a frost in the morning then rain later. Friday was nice again, yesterday we had hail and then this morning I got up to snow everywhere!

It was funny as I was still half asleep when I let the dog out at 7.30am and I just stood at the back door confused as to where it had come from. :lol: I went back to bed for a few hours and it had completely gone and the sun was shining.

Weird weather or what?

6. Jen79

Jen79 Guest

I think everyone from different countries have had crazy weather this year. Last month it started snowing in March and the day before it was in the 80's. I never know what to wear anymore one day it is cold and the next warm. I will be glad when the weather decides what temp it wants to stay at. I love snow bc we don't get it that much and is so beautiful.

JEN

7. Karly1964

Karly1964 Guest

I think here in Indiana we now are into spring, we have somewhat warmer weather, though not shorts weather yet, but the spring rains have come and set us into the mud, my apartment is now on lake front property, where there used to be a road.:hehe: We joke that the manager will charge us more for the water and waterfowl that visit the temporary lake. Unfortunately it makes our yards useless, although my garden is just wet and not swamped.:blush: Karly
    :yes: :thumbs: :excited: :posy:

8. Karly1964

Karly1964 Guest

I judge the weather with what it is like on Ball State University's graduation, on my brother's graduation it was so hot (May3) that several people fainted from the heat in those hot black robes. Then one graduation while I was in the undergraduate program it snowed also may 3, then on my graduation it was a cold drizzle that dampened everything. Blink and it will change. There is a radio station that has a ten minute weather guarantee, still they can be wrong:hehe: Karly

9. Christine UK

Christine UK Registered

Good old British weather hey !

10. karen.w.

karen.w. Registered

:lol: Typical bizarre british weather!!....now It's bright & sunny here today,talk about one extreme to another :lol:
    my youngest daughter is waiting patiently to wear her school summer dress bless :rolleyes:

:love2: karen x

11. Soundy

Soundy Registered

I think Mother Nature has PMS or something .... we have had odd
    weather since the fall... back in January we had a week of temps
    in the low 80s and then on Sunday it snowed... only to go back to the
    mid 70s the next day... last week it rained every day and didn't
    get above 45... yesterday sunny and 85 for a high...suppose to be
    warm here til Wednesday and then go back in the 30s Thursday night...

Easter week it was windy and cold and we had some snow
    flurries and hail ...just in time to knock blossoms of trees

12. acard

acard Registered

I wish we had all the different weather. It is either sunny or overcast.:hehe:
    Oh and maybe a sprinkle here or there.:lol: I guess we are spoiled in that we have beautiful weather 360 days out of the year. However, I would love the 4 seasons at times too. I guess the grass is always greener:lol:

Hugs,
    Becca