Bruises | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Bruises

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sheilakdavis, Oct 1, 2017.

1. sheilakdavis

sheilakdavis sheila

I have bruises all over my legs and arms. I bump into anything and I get one. Is there anything that will help with bruising?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

3. sheilakdavis

sheilakdavis sheila

I have mentioned this in the past. They said it’s from being on steroids. I have bruises that are 2 years old. I read there is cream that helps get rid of bruises. Have you heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. x_claire_x

x_claire_x Moderator

I am not sure how a cream can help bruises that have been there for two years...a long time .....I am wondering if you have some permanent tissue damage under the skin as bruises are blood that will be reabsorbed over time, but 2 yrs is excessive.
    You may be thinking of arnica cream (homeopathic) but you should always run any new product via your Rheumy. I would be surprised if it helped with the bruising you describe....think it would be good to get some more bloods run .....take care, Claire

5. omen

omen FKA Clare.T

Certainly worth checking out again that your platelets levels are normal. Do you have any bleeding? I was told that the bruises from rednisone look different from the ITP ones but I don't know how. Maybe you could reduce the Prednisone.