Celebrities with lupus - Terri Seymour | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrities with lupus - Terri Seymour

Discussion in 'Lupus News, Awareness and Research' started by ElephantEyes, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ElephantEyes

ElephantEyes Registered

Hi all -

I was reading a glossy magazine at the weekend and there was an interview with Terri Seymour, Simon Cowell's ex-girlfriend. Anyway, she has lupus. Her mother also has RA. She seemed pretty matter of fact about the whole thing, explained that she is in remission at the moment but is closely monitored and takes medication. She also mentioned that her joints flare up when she pushes herself too much.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Take care, Nellie

2. ElephantEyes

ElephantEyes Registered

3. keebler

keebler Moderator

Thanks for posting Nellie.

It was a good article to read.
    Love,
    Lyn

4. redknight

redknight Registered

Thanks Nellie,

Really interesting

5. bugsy

bugsy Registered

Hi Nellie,

Here are a few more names of famous people with lupus, Seal (singer), Elaine Paige (singer & actress) and Lady Gaga (singer).

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

6. TracyJN

TracyJN Registered

Wow, I knew about the others but not about Elaine Paige! That was a good article, I have forwarded it to some of my friends and family!!

7. ElephantEyes

ElephantEyes Registered

Hi Jo -

I didn't know about Elaine Paige either, I knew Seal has DLE though. I think the jury is still out on Lady Gaga though, she says that she has tested 'borderline positive' for lupus, but that at the moment she hasn't got it. I don't really know what that means though.

Oh and Toni Braxton has very recently announced that she has lupus.

Take care,

Nellie

8. Lupusnicola

Lupusnicola Registered

Hi All,

I knew about Elaine Page she is a ambassader ( something like that) for St Thomas Lupus trust.

Nicola

9. denalirat

denalirat rockstar!

About Lady Gaga -- she says she has tested "borderline positive" (I'm guessing ANA maybe?), but has said she has NO symptoms. So if that's truly the case, then I'd say she doesn't currently have lupus since symptoms really are required for a diagnosis. The media has been really mixed on her story, so it's a little confusing...

10. sushi

sushi Registered

there were rumors about the late nicole smith having lupus.

11. Pink Pearl

Pink Pearl Registered

Add in the young daughter of Snoop Dog, singer.

12. EVR

EVR Registered

Lady Gaga has been tested, but has not been diagnosed. It's in her family, but she has no symptoms... yet.

13. Lupiegirly

Lupiegirly Registered

Micheal Jackson also had it.

14. countrylass

countrylass Registered

Thank you for heading this up,
    espcialy the article it ahs alot good information in it.
    terri is a hero of mine as teenager she was my favorite model in all main teen magazines,glossy ones to.
    so stunning lady.
    with an all to familar description of how my illness started age 17 with flu like illness that left me swollen agony pains for 5 weeks,weird they still trying work out what mine is.
    glad she got treated correctly fancy saying tummy bug.

just shows being strong willed against docs when think they may be wrong.

great artcle.
    countrylass