Change in meds | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Change in meds

Discussion in 'Medications' started by Gussy357, May 9, 2019.

1. Gussy357

Gussy357 New Member

I’ve been diagnosed with lupus over 20 years ago and the main course of treatment has been plaquneil and prednisone. The Dr. now switched me from plaquneil to sulfasalazine because I’m in pain all the time and he don’t believe the plaquneil is working. The problem is my lupus labs are always within range and he tells me I don’t know where all your pain is coming from. I also have osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia but he won’t talk about the fibromyalgia. I’m thinking the pain might be more fibromyalgia related because it’s constant and not sure if I should even bother with the plaquneil or the sulfasalazine. Is there anybody that could shed some light on this?

2. devovo

devovo New Member

Sounds like you need a second opinion from a knowledgeable rheumatologist that will listen and get to the bottom of where your pain is coming from so you can be properly treated. Plaquenil is a necessity, not only for symptoms, but to prevent organ damage when you have lupus.

When I was first diagnosed with lupus I went to a rheumatologist that didn't know much about the latest treatment with lupus. I was left feeling helpless and in the dark, not to mention in daily pain. When I got a second opinion with someone that really listened and knew what they were doing it made a WORLD of difference. Good luck in your journey.

x_claire_x likes this.