Chest Pains | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Chest Pains

Discussion in 'Symptoms' started by kate.smith, Dec 9, 2015.

1. kate.smith

kate.smith New Member

Hello everyone,

I've been having chests pains for over a month now. They can become so bad that they keep me up at night feeling like someone is crushing me. I've experienced these chest pains while walking, sitting, and laying. I went on prednisone for 5 days and it helped! But after those 5 days, the pain came back in full force. It is feeling worse now and is connecting into my back and lower chest/upper abdominal area. It feels as if I am experiencing gallbladder attacks sometimes (I had my gallbladder removed a few years ago). My body temperature is all over the place when I have bad chest pains as well. Ill be sweating one minute and shivering the next. I have been running a low grade fever off and on this week. I've contacted and seen doctors a lot over the past month and even went to the hospital. They ruled out blood clots and I was told my muscles are sore and was given muscle relaxers. I am now returning to the doctors tomorrow but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this kind of pain and if so, what did you do?

Any response is very much appreciated!

Thank you,

Kate :)

2. debatat

debatat Moderator

Crushing chest pain should always be checked out immediately. You have seen the doctors, I assume by ruling out clots, they have checked out your heart? They know you have lupus and have ruled out the possibility of pericarditis? Or pleurisy? I hope your appt goes well and you get some answers.

3. sheilakdavis

sheilakdavis sheila

I get chest pains and was told it was inflammation. The pain can last anywhere from 5 minutes to 45 minutes. Hurts really bad.

4. keebler

keebler Moderator