CNS Vasculitis or Lupus Doc near Louisville??? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

CNS Vasculitis or Lupus Doc near Louisville???

Discussion in 'Find a Lupus Doctor' started by ampky, Jul 29, 2008.

  1. ampky

    ampky Guest

    Does anyone know of a doc near Louisville, KY/So. Indiana that is knowledgeable in CNS Vasculitis and/or SLE? Just trying to get diagnosed!:sad:

  2. KarolH

    KarolH Registered

    Maybe you can google it or maybe the Lupus Foundation of America can recommend someone for you.

    I think they have a referral site but not sure.
  3. ampky

    ampky Guest

    Thanks Karol! I've aleady tried both (The Louisille Lupus Foundation doesn't even exist anymore.) I'll try the National Chapter, but in the meantime, if anyone has had a good or not so great experience with a doc in Louisville, please let me know.

    Thanks again!
  4. Clare.T

    Clare.T Registered

    Hello ampky
    Here's the ACR listings of rheumatologists in Louisville

    You can use this list to locate rheumies in other areas too.
    I would plump for those at the University of Louisville. Dr Callen is a very well known dermatologist specialising in skin and connective tissue disease but I haven't heard of the others except that Dr Schneider wrote a paper along with Dr Callen about SCLE and SLE. Me not having heard of the others doesn't mean anything. I would google each of their names to see if by any chance they have publications, have spoken at conferences etc. Or call the office and ask how many lupus patients they have.
    I might call Dr Callen's office to ask about vasculitis/CNS specialists. He must know of some!
    I hope this proves a useful starting point and wish you the best of luck

  5. Clare.T

    Clare.T Registered

    Hello again ampky

    I'm sorry, I didn't pay due attention to your saying " Just trying to get diagnosed!:sad:"

    If you mean you haven't been diagnosed with any sort of lupus or similar disease you need to see a rheumatologist first who can thoroughly examine and assess you then refer you to whatever specialists he judges are needed.

    Diagnosis of any sort of CNS lupus can be difficult and is highly specialised and the same goes for vasculitis which has a myriad of possible symptoms, each of which has more than one possible cause.
    If you are already seeing a rheumy you will need to consider why you haven't been diagnosed yet because that is the very first priority. If you haven't seen a rheumy yet, it doesn't make much sense in my opinion to be seeking a vasculitis specialist or indeed a CNS lupus specialist ( whatever they are) because as far as I know most lupus specialists are competent to deal with it.

    I doubt very much if you can self refer.

    Good Luck

  6. ampky

    ampky Guest

    Thanks for all of your help with this!!:)

    I wish all of you the best!
  7. RJL

    RJL Registered


    I am new on this site but I saw your post. I am in Louisville and there are 2 Rheumatologists I recommend in Louisville. 1.) Dr. Steve Stern (male) 2.) Dr. Lisa June (female)
  8. Katharine

    Katharine Registered

    Hello RJL - Your reply may be a bit late for the original poster (the thread dates from 2 years ago) but the info may help others who do a search on it :)


Share This Page