Continuing Disabilty Review (CDR) | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Continuing Disabilty Review (CDR)

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Steffanee, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Steffanee

Steffanee Registered

Hello!!:bigsmile:

I have had SSD since May of 2004. I was lucky and got approved almost immedately after applying. Now in 2009, I was sent an Disabilty Update Report form, only 2 pages, filled it out sent it back in March 2009. Everything is still good...

Until yesterday, I have recieved a huge packet in the mail from Social Security that I am to undergo a full medical review!! :faint: I have until Aug 4 to send in doc notes and I have until Aug 12 to have the rest of the forms and info together. :eek:hno:Wow are you kidding me??? I called got no help other than saying just fill it out and return it or your benefits will be cut off immediatly.

Wow!!:eek::eek:

I am going down in person this morning to find out what is happening and to ask for more time.

Too think I have thought everything has been ok. Lupus is hard enough on a day to day basis, and now throw in allot of paperwork..Yikkees!!:worried:

Just wanted to talk. I will update when I get some answers.

Have a nice day, :) Steffanee

2. Coastiewife

Coastiewife Guest

Wow, i knew that they periodically reveiwed the cases but that seems a little extreme in how quickly you have to get things together. I would definately ask for an extension.

Good luck!

3. debatat

debatat Moderator

Sorry you are having to deal with this. I hope you can manage to get it sorted.

Deb

4. Steffanee

Steffanee Registered

Update.....

No one was helpful at the Social Secruity office today. I was told no extention, he said just fill it out and make sure its here before Aug 12. I even asked should I hand carry it in or mail it, his answer was Do what you think is best. Seriously?? wow

You all will love this answer..There is only room for 3 doctors to be listed, I have 16!! I told the guy that he said why?? You only have Lupus??:eek: Oh goodie someone to help me who does not even know a thing about Lupus.

So I will be writting away on these forms and I will hand carry it next Monday.

Wish me luck, I am being honest with my answers.

Its form SSA 454-BK (4-2006) about 25 pages.

5. keebler

keebler Moderator

(((Steffanee)))

:eek: 25 pages to fill out! Oh my.

I am sending you :goodvibes:, :fingers: and :luck:.

Dealing with someone like that makes me so :mad:.

I asked a phone solicitor on the phone (she was wanting me to donate to the cancer fund) if she knew what lupus was. Her reply was another form of cancer.:eek:

I guess what I am saying is that it takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. Sometimes we meet with very sour grapes.

Hang in there and rest when you can. I know this is adding stress on you.:hug:

Let us know how you are doing.
    Love,
    Lyn

6. KarolH

KarolH Registered

I am sorry that you have to deal with this in such a short period of time. I have been on USA SSD since April 2006, so almost 3 1/2 years now and this is un-nerving to me to say the least.

Part of me says I would put all 16 doctors down even if it means 4 additional sheets of white paper printed out on your home computer. Maybe this would make their heads spin instead of yours.:lol::lol::lol:

I wish you luck in moving forward with this and please keep us posted as to how things go. By the way, nice to meet you. Don't think I have ever chatted with you before.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Good Luck to you Steffanee.

7. Pink Pearl

Pink Pearl Registered

Hi Steffanee,
    In ALL communication with SSD, be as verbose as possible! The more documentation you have, the better off you will be. I've been on SSD since 1988 and have so far weathered the update reviews. The last one, a couple years ago, they wanted specific info on my psych care. So, my provider and I took a couple extra appts to fill all out in detail. Then, she billed them for the time. They paid her.

Be detailed........documentation.......answer every question in detail. If it took 100+ pages, it would be worth it to document everything that is going on. Besides, they should get chart notes from your doctors, not you! They should ask you for a signed consent form, and get the med info from the doctors. If they get a list of 16 doctors, it serves them right!

Good luck.
    Sally