Curcumin & serrapeptase | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Curcumin & serrapeptase

Discussion in 'Complementary therapies' started by jillybean2003, Jan 29, 2010.

1. jillybean2003

jillybean2003 Registered

Hi

Does anyone take Curcumin and/or Serrapeptase. This is supposed to aid inflammation. I did try it a few years ago and seem to remember I felt pretty good on it.

Would be very interested in other peoples views or experiences of this.

Thanks
    Jill

2. vincent

vincent Registered

I currently take Curcumin, which has a large track record as an anti-inflamatory in medline and medical papers, as well as cholesterol regulator. The latest forms of curcumin, treated with phytosomes (a process known as Meriva) have stronger bioavailibility. I have been able to go down on my prednisone and my cholesterol numbers are significantly better. I take one 500mg a day. I am quite confident that it is safe, as Turmeric is a spice in use for centuries. I am wary of Serrapeptase, and other supplements that are not plain food (fish oil, garlic, ginger and the like). Either they are useless or they are potent, but if they are potent, they can interfere with medications and backfire.
    I hope this helps.
    Best,
    Vincent

3. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Jill,

Always ask your doctor before trying something out.
    You never know what might mix or might not mix.

Love,
    Lyn