Dermatologist suggested laser | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Dermatologist suggested laser

Discussion in 'Looking Good, Feeling Better' started by Puddly, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Puddly

Puddly Junior Member

Ummmm well...went to a new dermatologist on Thursday... He suggested laser for the rash on my face and neck... Not too sure what to do here...I have been told it hurts...and I have enough daily pain , with out deliberately giving my self more... Has anybody had this done before??? Your experiences would be appreciated. Thanks..

2. keebler

keebler Moderator

Hi Puddly,
    I haven't had this. What is his reasons why in doing this? Has he done a biopsy on the rash to see what is going on?
    Why does he want to do a lazer, what is his reason?
    Sorry to many questions.
    Lyn

3. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Hi Puddly,

Has this dermatologist dealt much with Lupus? I would only want someone very experienced to do the procedure.

Take care,
    Lazylegs

4. Puddly

Puddly Junior Member

G'day... The dermatologist said that their are a lot of burst blood vessels there aswell as the lupus rash... He said that laser would help with the blood vessels.... This is the second dermatologist that has suggested this laser treatment ....????? ......