Digit pain and a rash | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Digit pain and a rash

Discussion in 'Introduce yourself' started by Lori ODonnell, May 31, 2020.

1. Lori ODonnell

Lori ODonnell New Member

Hello. I recently developed a lovely red spot, itchy (not bad) rash last Sunday. My finger pads and upper fingers itched. Rash was showing on my neck chest, face. The Urgent care clinic guessed sun exposure. I want in the sun. I know better. The Dr. Has Lupus so I went with it. Tried Benedryl ( even though Lupus doesnt respond). It has not left and seems to have gotten worse. I can deal with the rash, but my toes and fingers are not able to handle hot or cold without a lot of pain. Any ideas?
    Yes. I have raynards. I have had Lupus for 15 yrs. Not this pain in my fingers and toes. I am going back tomorrow to the VA. I am taking prednisone, low dose 10mg daily, plaquenil and blood thinner for clotting. Nothing new their.

2. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Raynaud's can be very painful when the blood vessels constrict tightly. Another possibility is a neuropathy. Good luck with you appointment tomorrow.

Take care,
    Lazylegs