Disability Continuation Review | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Disability Continuation Review

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Jenkay, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Jenkay

Jenkay Jen

Just wondering if anyone can share their experience with SSD continuation review. I'm suppose to have a two year review this Decemeber and was wondering what to expect and when SSD will start the review. When originally approved for SSD my file was marked as "expected to improve", lol, things are just as complicate if not more so as I have since been dx'd with mctd in addition to everything else and still have a lot of complications. Curious though as to how it all works.

Thanks for you input.

2. Monica3

Monica3 Registered

Hang in there--I am sure someone will come along with some advice for you. I, personally, have not been through this process myself.

Good luck with the whole process...

Monica

3. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

4. Jenkay

Jenkay Jen

Very helpful, thanks so much, I tried finding old posts but didn't see these. Thanks, will let you know what happens :)

5. Pink Pearl

Pink Pearl Registered

I suggest you talk to your rheumy about the prognosis and how long he/she expects this to last for you.

I recommend you to be keeping a diary of your symptoms and how that impacts you in your daily life. This will be very helpful for you in completing the questions in the review.

Be as thorough as you can in answering the questions. I put all mine on separate papers, and listed my answers by the # of the question on their paper. The more specific you can be. the better it will work in your favor. Be as verbose as possible. Vague answers will cause them to pursue more information, while specific will get the continuation you need.
    Sally

6. dudley

dudley Registered

Hi,

Yeah I have been through 2 full continuation reviews. Expect alot of paper work and your nerves to be a wreck. Most people under fifty are marked with "EXPECTED TO IMPROVE". They are really looking to see if you are keeping up with doctors appointments. They are suppose to contact your doctors.

I hope you have saved your initial documents. It will help you fill out the paper work easier. They will also ask again for someone else to fill out paper work on you.

I found out what has happened with mine. The first one was just put in a box ..it was so thick and they were short handed. The same happened with the second review. I know this because I spoke to the man that was assigned to me. He was very happy when his boss told him to put it aside. He would have had to contact over 20 doctors. After that I had 2 more very short reviews which really confused me so I went to the SS office. They filled out the paper work in 10 mins. If you get confused go to your SS office.

Yes you must go through the hassle of filling out the paper work. I keep on my calender all my doctors appointments and save it each year.
    They will tell you that they will advise you of there findings. I waited with baited breath. Never heard a word from them.
    Remember at this phase you are not trying to prove that you are disabled ....they must prove that you are not disabled.

Hope this helps.

Elaine

7. Miknan

Miknan Registered

Jenkay, good luck. I hope it goes in your favor. Please keep us updated. My wife just got approved last week. Her review is in 5-7 years. I expect her to eventually improve but enough to work? I wonder what the future holds?