disability payments | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

disability payments

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by not over the hill, Apr 12, 2009.

1. not over the hill

not over the hill over the hill

I recently heard on BBC News that the way certain benefits, including disability benifit, are paid is being altered to be paid in arrears. Meaning that some people will be without benfit for 1 week. The Government have authorised a loan system to see people in need through the change. I include a site where you can see the information regarding this.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7994669.stm
    Apparently forms advising of change are being sent out and if you wish help you must reply immediately.

2. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

Wow. Thank you for this. Fortunately I am able to sit it out, but I know many people on Disability who live hand to mouth.
    I am going to look into this as I have friends who will be badly worried.
    x Lola

3. sheila t

sheila t Registered

Thanks for the information, I had not heard about it. Thanks Again

Sheila x :)

4. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

I did follow through on this info. and was able to alert a couple of people who were most grateful Apparently it has received so little publicity as it is just being described as an "administrative change".

Thank you very much for posting this. There are also some implications for lone Parents and Widows.
    x Lola