DLA assessment | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

DLA assessment

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Marshmellow, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Marshmellow

Marshmellow Registered

EEEKKK!!

I just had a phone call about my DLA application...they are sending a doc to come and assess me at 9am tomorrow...it's really thrown me...i've been feeling a bit better recently and managing to 'forget' about lupus abit and now it's rearing it's ugly head again...just want to run away and hide in lupus free land :sad:

Rachel

2. Katharine

Katharine Registered

Hi Rachel,

Unfortunately lupus does tend to rear it's ugly head in many shapes and forms when we least need it and that's all part of what lupus is.

You may not want to do this but it would be very good if you could get accepted and make life a bit easier for you.

Try and make notes of anything you think you might forget (not that I know how these things go - I just live life making notes :lol:). I'm sure there will be someone more useful and used to UK disability along in a while.

I will keep fingers crossed for you and think very hard and send as many positive thoughts as I can muster at 9AM :fingers:

Katharine

3. karen.w.

karen.w. Registered

Hi Rachel :)

wishing you lots of luck for tomorrow :luck: I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

when I was assessed for DLA I was feeling quite well at the time, typical :rolleyes: but I'm happy to say I was still approved, so I hope the same will apply to you :)

please let us know how it goes, good luck.
    hugs, karen x

4. Sage Hen

Sage Hen Registered

Hi Rachel,

I will be thinking of you, and your apt tomorrow, and hoping it goes well for you. :)
    :luck::pixiedust::dust:

Sandy

5. debatat

debatat Moderator

Rachel, I will be thinking of you too. Try not worry and remember, when we have been ill for some time we adapt. Someone fresh comes in and sees a diasbility that we have just learned to accept. Just because you are 'coping' does not mean you are not deserving. Hope it goes well. Let me know how you get on.

Deb

6. Marshmellow

Marshmellow Registered

He was a very nice doc ....it is hard to go through it all and how it has changed your life..certainly makes me realise how much i ve 'adapted' in way i now consider 'normal'
    thanks for your support:)
    Rachel

7. karen.w.

karen.w. Registered

Hello again rachael :)

I am so pleased the doctor was nice! I agree with what Deb said and I'm sure you will have no problems getting accepted.
    I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

love karen x