DLA Award!! | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

DLA Award!!

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by cad, Jun 17, 2008.

1. cad

cad Registered

Hi all,
    I am so chuffed.
    Some of you know that i have been really suffereing quite alot lately. Well nothings changed to day is a particularly bad day i have to say. :(

But today a ray of sunshine came through my door when my DLA award letter arrived.I was awarded high rate mobility and low rate care. Which was what i was hoping for so am really pleased.

I didn't have to see one of their docs. I think this was because i almost have my own hotline to my gp and he knows very well how my disability is affecting me so was able to confrim everything without hesitation.

Am very pleased and just wanted to share this with everyone. :)

Hope everyone else is well

Take Good Care.

Cassie

2. greenhaggis

greenhaggis Registered

Cassie,

That is excellent news about DLA!

Sorry to hear health is not picking up!
    Got to dash as off to a Dermy appointment!

Love Lesley

3. chilli

chilli Guest

Yep, that is excellent news Cassie,

I hope that is one less thing to worry about.

Take care x

4. birdie

birdie Registered

fantastic news, well done, we shouldn't have to go through all this to get it. Its just not right.

5. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

Very pleased for you. DLA is a good help. Don't forget to apply for your Blue Badge if you haven't already.
    x Lola

6. cad

cad Registered

Thanks ladies,
    yes i have applied for my blue badge which be really good to have in terms of parking closer to where i need to go. Also i was surprised you can get tax exemptio aswell, so have aplied for that too.

Take Care All.

Cassie

7. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

Yes, you can indeed get Road Tax Exemption. It is a good help and very simple once it is set up. They send you a Certificate to use each time you go for your Tax Disc. I remember how pleased I was when I first got the Blue Badge. Also don't forget your free bus pass and cheap Rail Travel. I have a Rail card and it pays for itself in no time.
    x Lola

8. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

Just thought, another good thing is the Disabled Toilet Key, from the R.A.D.A. R
    organisation. They also sell them in some Tourist Information Centres. Mine cost 3.00 and I doubt if they are much dearer now.Sometimes it saves you going up or down stairs to the toilet. Worth carrying in your bag, even though the key is a bit big.
    I believe in taking advantage of anything that makes life easier for us.
    x Lola

9. cemc

cemc Registered

I think having your GP onside and them knowing exactly how the illness affects you really makes a huge difference in getting DLA granted straight off. Both times I have had to fill in the forms (initial application, and renewal) I have been off to GP as soon as I sent the form off, and taken GP a summary list of what I put on the form. It meant that when they got the request to confirm my disability they could actually say exactly what I had put in the form - no conflict of opinion there, so the DLA decision maker had no choice but to grant DLA!