DLA GP Report | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

DLA GP Report

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by blueisis, Jul 7, 2010.

1. blueisis

blueisis Registered

Hi

I have received a letter this morning from the DWP regarding my renewal of my DLA and they have said they are requesting a report from my GP.

I sent in a patient summary signed by my GP which details the my illnesses and medications etc.

I just wondered if anyone knows what a GP report entails and also do they take into account all the evidence supplied with the previous claims I have made?

Thank you, hugs

2. Lupo30

Lupo30 Registered

Hi Blueisis

I was told that the GP form is just interested in clinical details, however, I would check as there are always changes made. I assume that you will have to fill in the form again, you can ask for a copy of your previous form from the DLA as this may help you fill in your new one. You could always make an appointment to see your GP and discuss it with him/her. This depends though, as some GPs don't have a clue about lupus, finger-crossed yours is a good one.

Let us know how you get on.

Lupo30

3. blueisis

blueisis Registered

Hi Lupo30

Thanks for your message.

My gp has just confirmed that she has a form to complete from the DLA people and that she will support me and as nothing has changed from the last time I claimed 3 years ago, my DLA should be renewed without any problem. I am lucky as my GP does understand about lupus and has been really supportive.

Hugs

Julia

4. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Hi Julia,
    I assume that this is a review for you to stay on DLA???
    I am in the USA so not sure how the system works in the UK.
    Good luck and hope it all works out.
    Your GP on your side.........I am sure things will be fine.

5. blueisis

blueisis Registered

Hi there

Yes, this is a review for me to stay on the DLA I have been on for about 8 years now.

Thanks for your support; I will let you know how things pan out.

Hugs

Julia

6. KarolH

KarolH Registered

Good luck Julia.
    Fingers crossed for you.