DLA medical reports | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

DLA medical reports

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by Marshmellow, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Marshmellow

Marshmellow Registered

Hello all!:rolleyes:

Has anyone here approached their doctor or consultant to obtain a medical report as supporting evidence or their DLA application? I've been told this is better than the DLA people sending your doctor their own 'one size fits all' medical evidence form to fill in. Anyone any experience of this or advice?

Rachel

2. LolaLola

LolaLola Registered

Rachel, Docs.are not really conversant with DLA rules and sometimes do more harm than good. If you go down this route you must be sure that your GP or Consultant really understands the problems you have in everyday living.
    (They only see you for a brief spell at a Consultation and don't necessarily connect with things like can you rinse your hair)

One answer which is perfectly acceptable is to ask your Doc. to submit information on his own paper rather than any form. If he gives this to you to enclose with your application you can either send it or not depending on whether it seems helpful.

Incidentally not all Benefits Agency Docs. are bad. I have seen several and they have been helpful and pleasant.
    x Lola

3. Lupo30

Lupo30 Registered

I would definitely recommend you see your GP and ask for a letter from him/her. Also, perhaps get him/her to enclose copies of your rheumatology letters as these usual say alot.

Let me know how you get on.

Lupo30 x