DLA reform - your opinions are sought by Disability Alliance (UK) | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

DLA reform - your opinions are sought by Disability Alliance (UK)

Discussion in 'Social Security / Disability Benefits' started by daisy246, Dec 26, 2010.

1. daisy246

daisy246 Registered

DLA reform - your opinions are sought by Disability Alliance (UK) charity
    Some of you may know that the government is bringing in a new system in order to cut costs of disability support by 20%, starting 2013.

If you already receive DLA, or think you might have to apply in future, then you may like to participate in the Disability Alliance (UK charity) DLA reform . They are not a government body, but lobby them on our behalf over disability matters. They are asking for our comments on the proposed changes, which we can give anonymously. I took part in a consultation once before - it's not as highbrow as it sounds and you can just comment on whatever aspect you choose, there is no obligation to answer specific questions.

Sorry to bring this up at Christmas time, but the Disability Alliance needs your comments by 11 February to collate and present them to government, and the government needs your comments by 14 February if you choose to respond direct to them. That's just six weeks away, hence this post now so you can have it in the back of your mind ready for when the brain fog clears!

2. TracyJN

TracyJN Registered

Thanks Daisy, I have just completed the survey. I think it's important to have our views heard. I know if I lost my DLA I could no longer afford to work and I would lose my independence.

3. keebler

keebler Moderator

bumping this up
    Love,
    Lyn

4. daisy246

daisy246 Registered

That's great Tracy, you were really quick off the mark! All we can do is keep our fingers crossed that the coalition will play fair. Isn't it awful, knowing that so many important aspects of our lives depend on other people, it's bad enough dealing with the logistics of our medical problems! Thanks.

5. daisy246

daisy246 Registered

Many thanks Lyn!