Dla | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. not over the hill

not over the hill over the hill

Having listened to todays budget report I noted that DLA recipients whether new or on the benifit will have to have a review. Have I understood this properly?

2. TracyJN

TracyJN Registered

That's how I understood it too. I hate having their medical assessments. I don't think a doctor who has never met you before is qualified to make sure an important judgement about you. Not happy about this at all. Went through several medicals to get my DLA and it eventually got granted indefinitely and now it sounds like we have to go through it all again on a regular basis. I can understand why this is as there are so many people who make false claims. However, when you have an illness like this you don't know how you're going to be from one day to the next and you can virtually guarantee the day you see one of their doctors is the day when you're feeling ok. :(

3. fuzzybee

fuzzybee Registered

I do wonder what planet these people live on. We already have to have medicals for DLA & IB. If they do better and friendlier medicals that would be good, but somehow I guess that's not their aim :worried:.