Does Anyone Here Have Any Experience With Dr. Lockshin? | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Here Have Any Experience With Dr. Lockshin?

Discussion in 'Find a Lupus Doctor' started by Rubickscube, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Rubickscube

Rubickscube Registered

I'm going to see my first rheumatologist and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with him. I'm currently undiagnosed and I've been told he's one of the best. His name is Michael Lockshin at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. Any advice on how to prepare and what he's like would be greatly appreciated

2. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

Hi Rubickscube,
    I don't have any experience with this doctor but I can advise you on how to prepare. This page on the main forum is really good to read https://www.thelupussite.com/docvisit.html

It may help to make a list of your main symptoms and grade them on a scale of 1 to 10, noting how they affect your daily life eg pain in arms, 8, unable to prepare food. Try to make a note of anything that you have done that day that may have been different and what the weather was like - it may be that the sun has affected you etc.

If you can, take photos of any rashes so that the Rheumy can see them - it so often happens that they disappear on the day of the appointment!

I wish you well with your appointment and hope this helps.
    Take care,