Eclipse | Lupus Forums at The Lupus Site
  1. As you can see we have transferred to new forum software which is much more stable and will eliminate problems that we had with the old software.
    *** To login you will all need to reset your passwords. To do this simply click login (top right) then click the forgot password link. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. You can then use the forums as normal.
    Dismiss Notice

Eclipse

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lazylegs, Aug 21, 2017.

1. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Was anyone able to see the eclipse? We had too much fog and fire smoke from north of us to see it. Fortunately the tv broadcasts had amazing video as it moved from one area of North America to the other.

2. Jessica1

Jessica1 Moderator

I was sent a photo of my goddaughters looking at the eclipse, they live in Puerto Rico. I don't know how much they saw though so not much help there, sorry.

3. keebler

keebler Moderator

It was cloudy and rainy here. It did get a bit dark but like I said rain and clouds is all we saw.

4. VeeJay

VeeJay Member

We live just outside of the total eclipse path. It was off and on cloudy here, but they parted before the eclipse started so we were able to see most of it until the very last moment when the clouds came back.

One thing that was very interesting to me was the light and shadow coming through the leaves - hundreds of crescent shaped dapples on our driveway. Never saw anything like this before.

5. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

Our coverage was only 75% to begin with. It did get darker but not by much. I would have loved to see the crescent shaped dapples.

6. VeeJay

VeeJay Member

Here's a picture.

Attached Files:

7. lazylegs

lazylegs Moderator

They almost look like clouds on the sidewalk. Very interesting indeed.